On x64 Vista SP1, virtual drive isn't recognized

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have the same problem, vista x64 ultimate + SP1 and no virtual devices

worked before SP1 install, but kept crashing just prior to SP1, so i tried to reinstall after installing SP1 without a hitch and now i cant assign driveletters to the device..

Comment

I have the same problem.
      My OS is Vista SP1 Busisness.

Comment

Not really helpful, but just for verification purposes, Vista Ultimate x64 - with or without SP1 - works perfectly fine for me using Alcohol and DT Pro. So I'd wager that SP1 is unrelated to your issues.

Comment

***Everyone who posts here should report if DAEMON Tools is fixed by uninstalling SP1***
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

dont be silly, dont remove SP1

i fixed it on my machine and i dont see anyone posting that they fixed it on this thread so ill say how i did it:

go to device manager, other devices and mine was listed there with a small white " ! " on it, (far from the yellow ! MS normally give stuffs)

Right click > update driver

Browse

i had to go here :

C:\Windows\winsxs\amd64_cdrom.inf_31bf3856ad364e35 _6.0.6001.18000_none_bbc7f7665c24db80

let it search, gives you a warning about it not being digitally signed (yes MS didnt sign their own driver?) after it pops that one in it works fine...

Running Vista ultimate x64

I assume the problems have occurred recently because MS has tried to lock down 64bit systems to use Signed drivers only, but obviously it still lets them be applied

hope that helps someone, sorry if its been posted somewhere before - happy bunny again now its working installing VS2008 so it runs fine too ! woop

Comment

Re: if on x64 Vista SP1, virtual drive isn't recognized

Thanks for the hints and tutorial (I wrote what I did above regarding testing uninstall because the problem was not reproducable as far as the DAEMON Tools team knows)
              the modern world:
              net helpmsg 4006

Comment

well I found the solution.. I want credit for this lol

run regedit
                Code:
                HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
                delete upperfilter and lowerfilter

not the .bak files if those exist.

reboot.. voila..

Comment

You must install dt as administrator,and it must be run as administrator.
                  Only the first time
                  Derb wie eisregen
                  hart wie bolt thrower
                  und stur wie ein mönch

Comment

I have install Daemon Tools On Vista x64 SP1 and when i mount a virtual disk. It is not mount(htey are in my computer). When i check virtual disk it is say that it cannont acces this disk. I install Daemon as administrator, disable UAC, clear infocahes and i have no upperfilter file. But i still cannot mount images. Who now what is the problem?

Comment

@mind_enchanter
                      Can you see your virtual drives in MyComputer?
                      Welcome to the dark side, my dear padavan. We have cookies

Comment

@SUPPORT2
                        Yes i see virtual disk in My Computer and Device Manager. And there no conflict. I install Vista x64 without service pack and is the same. I see all disk normal but when i mount nothing load. And double click on mounted virtual disk it say that i cannot acces disk

Comment

@mind_enchanter

Which DAEMON Tools version have you installed?
                          Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                          Peace Through Power

Comment

I have installed many versions. The last versions, 4.09, 4.12. But is the same. It is very strange before clean reinstall Daemon work.

Comment

Working...
                            X