Hanging on Mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hanging on Mount

I had to disable the Defense+ component of Comodo Firewall before DT Pro could recognise the SPTD driver and allow me to add an IDE device.

However now whenever trying to mount an image DT Pro just hangs saying "Mounting Image".

Using Win7 x64 Ultimate.

Hmm, only seems to happen with some files. Others work normally.

Comment

What kind of images are these ?
      I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Some mds I could mount whilst others would hang DT but if I clicked on the corresponding mdf instead it would mount and not hang. Don't worry anyway, I'm not willing to give up Defense+ just to use DT.

Comment

Originally Posted by doveman View Post
          I'm not willing to give up Defense+ just to use DT.
          Please have a look at this thread: http://forum.daemon-tools.cc/f19/dae...do-sptd-29171/

If that doesn't work you can still uninstall SPTD and use "DT" drives for simple everyday usage
          which doesn't require advanced emulation.
          Some mds I could mount whilst others would hang DT but if I clicked on the corresponding mdf instead it would mount and not hang.
          Would you please attach a zipped mini image of a problematic one ?
          For this use the Convert image function and tick the Compress image data and Clear sectors parameters.
          Enter 500 as Start sector and start conversion.
          Last edited by Terramex; 08.04.2012, 10:30.
          I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Thanks, I'll try that and see if I can get Defense+ working with DT Pro.

I've tested on another PC now and it's strange as on one the mds mounts OK and on the other it hangs DT Pro with 33% CPU usage. I can't do what you asked I'm afraid, as it's already a mini-image.

Comment

I can't do what you asked I'm afraid, as it's already a mini-image.
              That very likely explains the hanging.
              Since DT Pro version 4.41 an Mini Image with only the first 16 sectors present can't be mounted properly anymore.
              To be on the safe side leave 32 sectors in a mini image so that no hanging occurs.

Comment

Fair enough, although as it works fine on one PC but hangs DT Pro on the other I'm not sure that's the problem. Even if it is, I don't think DT Pro should hang like that, but should give an error or something.

Comment

Agreed, i've reported that behaviour last year; also hope it will be fixed.
                  In the meantime you have to use mini images with start sector 33, or kill DTShellHlp.exe in Task-Manager
                  when using problematic mini images - they'll be mounted and useable.
                  Last edited by Terramex; 10.04.2012, 16:33.

Comment

I hope it will be fixed too. I did notice that the images get mounted regardless, it's just annoying that DT hangs and I have to kill it.

Comment

Working...
                    X