Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cant install DT 3.46 at all - error 25057.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please send your ntoskrnl.exe RAR'ed, there seems to be a problem with it.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

i changed standard MS splashscreen by modifying & renaming ntoskrnl. now i use new renamed ntoskrnl from boot.ini. yes i think here the problem. i'll try to use original ntoskrnl

Comment

if the problem really in incompatibility with the w2000 splashscreen replacing (and other tasks requiring ntoskrnl change or rename), then i think this can be fixed in future releases.

Comment

Depends on what you changed - maybe it will never be fixed at all.
          We generally do not support non standard OS files.
          As suggested - send us your ntoskrnl.exe please.

Comment

I changed splashscreen bitmap only, then renamed ntoskrnl.exe as 33.exe and added "/kernel=33.exe" to the boot.ini file. That's all

Comment

without "/kernel=33.exe" key in boot.ini DT installed and work ok

Comment

We will analyze it.

Comment

Operating System: XP SP2
                  Burning Software: -
                  Anti-virus Software: -
                  DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

Its the data execution prevention or whatever it is called that causes the bug. At least on my system (XP, SP2, Athlon 64).
                  When I kill it by modifying the boot.ini to include "/execute" like this:

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Micro soft Windows XP Home Edition" /execute /fastdetect

Daemon tools installs fine. BTW: Alcohol 120% also refuses to install on my PC. Will try in a moment if it is also fixed by disabling the feature.

Comment

To clarify:
                    I only needed to disable the protection for INSTALLING daemon tools. Once installed I can revert back to the old setting and the software works. It is only a bug in the installer. However the bug seems to be present in about every virtual CD driver there is (I tried Alcohol by now and the fix also works for it)

I wonder as to the why however. There seems to be no reason an installer would cause a buffer overflow...

Comment

Working...
                    X