Reboot during installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BSOD during install then language error

Vedder and Shisha have you both checked for starforce drivers and/or run the official starforce driver removal program?
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven
      Vedder and Shisha have you both checked for starforce drivers and/or run the official starforce driver removal program?
      No.
      I've read only about Easy CD problem.
      I've played games protecting by Starforce.

I have to remove it for installing Daemon tools?

More info.
      Try to install 3.46
      It installed succesfully, but it doesn't work.
      Message box said. Virtual SCSI driver not detected.
      But I think it's my own problem.
      I've crushed something during cleaning registry.

Comment

More info.

I had a way to install v3.47
        May it will help.
        Try to install v3.46 It will crash as 3.47
        But after that when I try install 3.47 it began working.

Now everything is allright.

I have some experience in software testing. If you need more info i will be glad to help developers.

Comment

Send minidump(s) related to such BSOD/crash to support@daemon-tools to support@daemon-tools.cc for analysis with reference to your post in this thread - that'd help.
          Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
          They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Yellow mark

Please can somebody help me, when i install daemon tool, i get a yellow mark on the device manager for the PnP BIOS Extension, why... and it says:

Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37)

Comment

older versions of starforce are incompatible and will interfere with the installation

Originally Posted by Shisha
              I have to remove it for installing Daemon tools?
              Yes. The newest Starforce drivers work fine but older versions of starforce are incompatible and will interfere with the installation of DAEMON Tools.

But it looks like you've got it installed now anyway :-)
              the modern world:
              net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by Barca
                Please can somebody help me, when i install daemon tool, i get a yellow mark on the device manager for the PnP BIOS Extension, why... and it says:

Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37)
                Barca, you have a failed installation of DAEMON Tools. Try to run the uninstallation program. That probably won't work though. You will need to manually remove DAEMON Tools by following the steps in the thread entitled "Error 25002 (invalid driver names or driver conflict), or how to remove Daemon Tools drivers" located in the Common Problems and Solution forum. Remember to reboot after deleting files from your hard disk and after making changes to your registry. Then reinstall DAEMON Tools and the installation should procede like normal.
                the modern world:
                net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Barca

OK.. i solved that, but now when i install it and enter in wondows it works too slow, CPU usage 100%, and really, it worls slow, just to click the right button on the mouse and refresh, i need 30min.. why that.. and it always happens when i install daemon tool, when i go to safe mode, i press escape to cancel the load of d347sys, and its normal, then i must uninstall the pnp bios extension to use normaly the comp.. and its not a bad comp..
                  256 Ram memory
                  2 GHz
                  Nvidia Geforce 64 ( bad ) i will buy now 6600GT
                  14GB hard drive..

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
                    Send minidump(s) related to such BSOD/crash to support@daemon-tools to support@daemon-tools.cc for analysis with reference to your post in this thread - that'd help.
                    Sorry.
                    Nothing like any dumps.

System was rebooting as if I press reset button.
                    It is not death screen.

I try to analyze the way I overiden this problem and found nothing intresting but maybe it will help.

Step by step.
                    1.Install 3.47 -> crash.
                    2.Cleaning registry and system catalog to avoid name conflicts.
                    3.Install 3.46 success, but I have a problem with SCSI driver.
                    4.Unistall 3.46
                    5.Install 3.46 -> crash.
                    6.Cleaning registry and system catalog to avoid name conflicts.
                    7.Install 3.47 ->

Comment

Unfortunately the sudden reboot is idiotic standard configuration of Windows 2000, XP etc., i.e. unless you change it you won't see any BSOD and its message.
                      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
                      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
                        Unfortunately the sudden reboot is idiotic standard configuration of Windows 2000, XP etc., i.e. unless you change it you won't see any BSOD and its message.
                        Check this thread in the Common Problems and Solutions forum if you don't know how to disable automatic reboot.
                        "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Starforce driver removal thingy didn't help. but I just installed 3.46 and that worked. So now I'm running 3.46 and I'll update to 4 as soon as it comes out.

Also thanks about that blue screen thing. I rarely have had blue screens/reboots, but if I ever would encouter that, knowing this will be usefull.

Good job on all the support everyone!

Comment

That means that Windows isn't happy about the driver configuration. This probably is caused by a conflict with drivers included with your PC. Sorry.

Comment

Working...
                            X