Scsi Nvidia Driver Under Raid x DT4 restart the PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

only with starforce protection?

this reboot thingy happen only to games protected with starforce? or with all other protections.. i didn't understood that
    Last edited by bryanondabeach; 25.11.2005, 20:19.

Comment

I will post here as well:

NO RAID, nforce2 ultra400 (epox)+athlonXP, sata silicon image 3112 controller (seagate 120Gb 7200.6 on one port, serillel2 adapter+ide dvd-rw on another).
      Windows XP SP2, no unusual cd/dvd filter drivers.

If I mount image (GT lengends) from that optical drive in DT4, system reboots during SF check (just after drive spins up).

NFS:MW for example works OK (safedisc)

Comment

Originally Posted by bryanondabeach
        this reboot thingy happen only to games protected with starforce? or with all other protections.. i didn't understood that
        Only StarForce protected games causing the reboot, happens about 25% into checking the disc for verification.

Other so far such as SecuROM, SafeDisc ect.. work fine.

Originally Posted by octopus72
        I will post here as well:

NO RAID, nforce2 ultra400 (epox)+athlonXP, sata silicon image 3112 controller (seagate 120Gb 7200.6 on one port, serillel2 adapter+ide dvd-rw on another).
        Windows XP SP2, no unusual cd/dvd filter drivers.

If I mount image (GT lengends) from that optical drive in DT4, system reboots during SF check (just after drive spins up).

NFS:MW for example works OK (safedisc)
        Hmm, my new board is NForce2, only reboots when I have Raid on it, maybe SATA ?. I just have Stadard IDE on my new board, took the Raid back out ans all working fine again.
        Last edited by Dllfile; 26.11.2005, 12:24.
        No, you cannot have my signature, unless you pay me. I am famous you know.

Comment

RAID issue will be fixed in the next DAEMON Tools version.
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

good to know

Comment

I have a GigaByte mobo,K8NS chip nforce3 Ultra and i also have the same problem whit SCCT,it reboots when cheking disc,I have nvidia Raid but i don´t have any disc mount in RAID and it also reboots,but after I read allmost all the post of this thread a read something about moving the image of SCCT to another place and since i have only 1disc(IDE Hitachi 160GB) i moved the image of SCCT to another partition,(i have my disc divided in four partition,C for XP_32Bits,D for Instal games,E for Downloads,Image files and F for XP_x64)and It start work fine no more reboot.
              people try this, It works whit me,move your image of SCCT to another partition,GOD Luck
              Last edited by zNuNoz; 30.11.2005, 22:34.

Comment

aye, moving to Raid drives solved the issue for me, there is already discussion on this however.

http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/showthread.php?t=7064
                No, you cannot have my signature, unless you pay me. I am famous you know.

Comment

what partition? I've got C:\ (xp64) D:\ (games) E:\ (archive)

LOL :-)

Comment

Originally Posted by Dllfile
                    aye, moving to Raid drives solved the issue for me, there is already discussion on this however.
                    !? Uhm.. so...
                    image on

SATA-Raid0 + Starforce ProtectedGame = works?!
                    SATA-IDE + Starforce ProtectedGame = reboot!?

I didn't understood it at all.

Comment

bryanondabeach in my case when i have SCCT image on E:\ my system reboot when checking disc but the i move it to F:\ never reboot again,works 100%.
                      In your case i donґt know,try to move it partition to partition until it work:wink:

Comment

i still wonder why no beta tester detected the bug, at least one of them should have been using raid, it's not that uncommon anymore aight?

Comment

I'm not a beta tester for DT, but speaking for myself, RAID is one of the first things I disable on my board. I don't bother messing with it. I used to run RAID 0, but my concern for my data was too great, and I didn't want the performance hit of RAID 1, so I just don't mess with it at all. I share all this because I'm most likely not the only one who feels this way. Given how fast computers are today, there's not much point or need for RAID except for the pure-performance-at-all-costs crowd or those with mission-critical data that cannot be lost (keeping in mind that is a gross generalization, I realize there are exceptions).

Comment

Originally Posted by Jito463
                            I used to run RAID 0, but my concern for my data was too great, and I didn't want the performance hit of RAID 1, so I just don't mess with it at all. [...] Given how fast computers are today, there's not much point or need for RAID [...]
                            I see why you wouldn't go for RAID0 or RAID1. But instead of falling back to JBOD, why don't you use your drives in a RAID5? Assuming that you do have more than one drive of the same size (otherwise having run a RAID0 wouldn't really make sense), you'd sacrifice the storage capacity of one of those drives and gain higher performance and higher reliability than with JBOD.

Considering that hard drives are the slowest part of your computer that is needed all the time, you might get a significant increase in OS speed with a RAID5.
                            "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Number one, the fact that I used to have matching drives (on IDE, before I switched to SATA), but do not anymore. Number two, I have no board capable of running RAID 5. I'm not interested in spending the money required to buy a RAID 5 controller, and the only board I'm aware of with SATA RAID 5 on board is the DFI NF4 SLI-DR, which costs almost $200 and would require I buy a new video card since mine is AGP and that board uses PCI-E.

Comment

Okay, point taken. I'm currently running a RAID0 as well but probably won't for long anymore, because my new hard drive is faster than the RAID anyway. So I'm probably going to switch back to JBOD, use the new HD for OS & software and the old ones for backups and Multimedia... Won't need exceptional performance for that anyway.

It just sounded like you didn't see any reason to use RAID at all, which is why I felt tempted to answer.
                                "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Working...
                                X