Problems with explorer.exe after installing v4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with explorer.exe after installing v4

After having installed v4 of Daemon-Tools I shut down and went to bed ... when I woke up this morning, I experienced rundll32.exe was grabbing 100% cpu usage. So I terminated it. And having read the day before, that this was a problem with Daemon-Tools v4, I wanted to uninstall it .. so I did, and rebooted yet again. Now it seems when I start rundll32 still uses 100%, and if I terminate it, explorer.exe takes over and uses 100% - Any solutions to this problem? - Could it be that the drivers are not properly uninstalled?

Okay guys, problem solved .. seems what was fucking up was arniworx plugin. Hence the reason why rundll32.exe was using 100% CPU.

To avoid this problem, uninstall it before updating to v4. To remove it once occured, I removed it from the startup menu via "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Cur rentVersion\Run" in regedit.exe - then remove the line which links to the arniworx plugin. Something along the lines of rundll32 "path_to_arniworx". Now reboot, and then uninstall arniworx... Hope this works for you :-)

Comment

I guess you mean AwxDTools and not DaemonUI (I think both are made by arniWORX). That's my guess because the first is a shell extention and the latter a scripting program/language.
      the modern world:
      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Yeah, AwxDTools, that's the one..

Comment

Thanks for letting everyone know how to solve the issue.
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

I've just installed in a new Windows XP SP2, without any software (just ZoneAlarm and Java at startup) and I have that problem.

I've installed first Daemon Tools, and after that, the awxDTools, and when I push the second botton at a CD/DVD drive or in a CD/DVD-Image it says me:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
            Runtime Error!
            Program: C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe

This aplicattion has requested the Runtime to terminate it in a unusual way. Please ...

Comment

I am getting the same explorer crash with the Runtime Error.
              This is getting very frustrating. I have not had this problem with this installation on any other computer. and this is a fresh format!

Comment

I've posted a reply on how to fix this error on this thread:

Basically it's just doing a repair install of .net framework 2.0.

Comment

I had this problem too. I wasn't be able to solve it by reinstalling DotNET Framework or similiar, but now I solve it!
                  How? Simply by mounting a CD in a virtual device of Daemon Tools without using AwxDTools...
                  Please try and then confirm that (if so)!

PS: I added this post in this thread too:

Comment

Working...
                  X