No announcement yet.

Reboot???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the same problem of being rebooted as i try to run a starforce game, the odd part is that i don't run any RAID nor have my only dvd rom connected currently. The same happens if i try to start the game with alcohols virtual drive, perhaps it's something with the starforce driver and my comp?

Im on win2k latest service pack, Epox 85ka2+ mobo with VIA drivers.., any help to make this work would be awesome.

Comment

Thats it!!

I had the same problem, but thats the solution!

You only have to update the Starforce Software.

Here is the Link:

http://www.star-force.com/support/sfdrvup.zip

Have fun

Comment

i had a similar problem on my x64 system (rebooted every time i tried to install something from a mounted image), let me explain how i fixed this:

after i did some readings in the forums, i found a post that told about a solution for raid-users. apparently, the problems were bound to images stored on a raid-drive and it could be fixed by moving the images to a drive which isn't connected to a raid-controller.
        well, my first thought was, that i am not using raid in any way, but on the second thought i still had this raid-controller where my s-ata-drive was running on. so i decided to copy the image to my p-ata-drive which is connected to another controller without raid-abilities. and voila, that fixed all my problems.

in short words:
        if you have a raid-controller, especially if it is a nvidia-chipset, try to copy your images to a drive that is not connected to a controller that is capable of running raids. if you happen to have only one harddrive, try to burn the image on a cd/dvd as an image and mount it from there.

Comment

Working...
        X