No announcement yet.

Daemon-Tools doesn't load in rare cases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK I spoke too soon. It isn't loading again and if I run the exe command it still doesn't load, must've been a fluke. It will eventually load hower if I restart my pc over and over again until it launches, sometimes once sometimes 10 times. I don't get it?
    Merritt

Comment

Can you try a 3rd party frontend (daemonui, daemount) or daemonscript (see my sig) and see if you are able to mount/unmount etc...?

Comment

First of all, I'm sorry for my poor english. I don't live in english world. But I want to inform my experience.

I'm having the same problem as mentioned above. Sure, I have attempted to give the most method as possible as i can, but it did not work.

But, I note that it work properly if windows log off and then re-logon.
        that is, Booting the system and windows is ready (at this time, Daemon tray icon is invisible);
        INSERT INTO `portal_posts_text` VALUES
        and just windows log off and log in again. Now, Daemon tray icon is visible. At least, my system always is.

for reference, briefly my system info is...
        AMD AthlonXP 1800+ / 512MB SDRAM
        Windows XP SP1a / MS Internet Explorer 6 SP1
        Daemon-tools 3.29 -> 3.32 / Nero / Alcohol / BlindWrite / EasyCD 5 and so on...

again sorry for my sick english, wrong expressions... :oops:

Comment

So, when windows boots up, running daemon tools does not work. But if you logoff, then logon, daemon tools works?

btw, your english is not bad, and we understand not everyone speaks engish :lol:

Comment

After my initial postings I began having problems with microsoft office xp, lock ups in outlook etc. I dumped and then reinstalled office and still had the same problems. Anyway I threw in the towel and did a complete format and reinstall and now everything is happy, including Daemon Tools. Sorry I can't provide more insight as to what the problem was but I'm using all of the same software as before and it works fine now. I believe it may have been a corrupted file in windows or office. At least for my situation I think we can rule out a bug in Daemon Tools.
            Merritt

Comment

Working...
            X