Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DT4: Boot problems (maybe because I use a LAN)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT4: Boot problems (maybe because I use a LAN)

Hello,

today I mount a image file in my computer from another computer in my home-network, when I finished my work, I turned off both computers. Later, I turn on my computer and windows xp didn't boot (the other computer was disconected).

I think that daemon try to mount the image and hangs windows boot.

Since this, if I have sptd.sys instaled windows doesn't boot (i have unistalled drivers and daemon tools, and I have reinstaled all these, but I can't solve nothing). I think that after reinstall all, daemon tools try again to mount the image and hangs again windows boot.

Is there any file configuration that daemon tools uses? maybe this file isn't removed when I unistall daemon tools and when I reinstall it, that file is used again.

What can i do?

Kind regards and thanks.

I think it's not caused on DT. When i mount a file from my external hdd, shutdown, unplug my ext. hdd and start the pc, it does boot. So it's like i've mounted an image like you over lan.
    Check for viruses, maybe your connected pc had some viruses on his pc and now you, too.
    Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

In any case if I unistall daemon all works fine....

Comment

Try turning off AutoStart and Automount
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Above suggestions is probably best but you could also try mapping the network drive to a drive letter and see if it still hangs if you mount it from there

Comment

Working...
          X