X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAEMON Tools Professional Help: Registry and SPTD problems

Comment

• this problem is very criticle.....

hi........service pack 3 is not bed ..........
      Last edited by Blazkowicz; 04.03.2010, 15:20.

Comment

• Describe your problem more detailed.

Comment

• Having the same problems, I followed the steps posted by Sway, but I don't have the SPTD folder.
          I don't have Daemon Tools installed, and as far as I know nothing else that uses SPTD.

Comment

• byob_soad2, it is a key, not folder.

Also it seems it is a security software issue then.
            Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
            Peace Through Power

Comment

• Oh. I don't know a whole lot about that kind of stuff...

Either way, it's not there. So, what can I do to try to make DT work?

Comment

• Hi i need some help to

ok first of all i read all your posts

have HP compaq nc8430 (nootebook)
                i have
                Win 7 ultimate x86
                version - 6.1.7600
                i have ESET NOD 32 Antivirus

1) When i install deamon tools lite ( DTLite4355-0068) with SPTD drivers 1.62

or if I install SPTD drivers before deamon
                i get same massage

"This program requires at least Windows 2000 with SPTD 1.60 or higher. Kernel debugger must be deactivated."

CANT EVEN START WINDOWS ( i must restore it to time before i install deamon or SPTD drivers )

2) I go to find that key in regedit
                manual and with search but I cant find the folder named SPTD ITS NOT THERE THAT MEAN ITS NOT EVEN INSTALED

3) Now every time I restart my laptop or shut down and turn on

I get same massage :

"This program requires at least Windows 2000 with SPTD 1.60 or higher. Kernel debugger must be deactivated."

ANY smart idea ???
                Pls

Comment

• DAEMON Tools Professional Help: Registry and SPTD problems
                  Please make sure you performed all steps from this guide correctly.

Comment

• Hi,

I'm also having some issues with installing STPD (and thus DT as well). I have a win7-x64 with admin privileges, also running NOD32 [v4]. I can't install STPD, the sys files don't get created in the system folder, the registry keys in currentcontrolset don't get created, though the whole services has full control privileges from everyone. I'm at a bit loss as to what to do.
                    STPD tells me that I need to restart the computer, but when I do so and try the install again, it tells me there isn't an STPD on my computer (so basically it acts like a mini endless loop)
                    Any ideas would be welcome.
                    Thnx.

Comment

• Are there any other security software installed (ZoneAlarm Toolbar is also some kind of security software)?
                      Peace Through Power

Comment

• Bollocks. Ignore my previous post please. I was searching for STPD instead of SPTD, so no wonder I never found any...

Comment

• I also have the "This program requires at least Windows 2000 with SPTD 1.60 or higher. Kernel debugger must be deactivated." problem

Originally Posted by Sway View Post
                          DAEMON Tools Professional Help: Registry and SPTD problems
                          Please make sure you performed all steps from this guide correctly.
                          I tried to follow theese steps but on step (after rebooting the first time)
                          "6. Check Replace owner on subcontainers and objects

7. Press on OK, this will take a little time to complete (it is possible you have to close all Permissions window and reopen it to continue." I get:
                          "Registry Editor could not set owner on the key currentky selected, or some of it's subkeys."

I have win7 -64

And AVG anti-virus and zone alarm firewall.
                          If i go to "msconfig >services" and stop Zoonealarm toolbar IswSvc" my deamon works but I'm afraid that Zonealarm wont work properly then?

Comment

• ZA will work properly, just not the toolbar which is causing the problem.
                            Peace Through Power

Comment

• Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
                              ZA will work properly, just not the toolbar which is causing the problem.
                              That's great! Strange thought that I thought I didn't install the toolbar but apperently I did.

Thank you for the help!

Comment

• "This program requires at least Windows 2000 with SPTD 1.60 or higher. Kernel debu...

I read all in this topic and i have got one new problem. SPTD cannot be detected.

What i do, was:
                                1) unistall deamon and alcohol
                                2) deleated STPD from registry and system32/drivers in safety mode (i do it by directions from this forum and nothing left in registry)
                                3) reboot, clean registry by Ccleaner, reboot again
                                4) instal the newest STPD (SPTDinst-v169-x64)
                                5) and the problem is on the world
                                6) STPD is in registry and in system32/drivers, but when i start the instaler SPTDinst-v169-x64 it write that "No SPTD version was detected".

I´ve tried do it more time(steps1-6), instal the newest deamon. But nothing helped. And i didn´t instal anything new in last time.

My computer is:
                                Asus M51Ta: AMD TurionX2-ultra (64bit), with ATI mobility radeon HD 3650
                                System: Microsoft Windows 7 professional 64bit in czech mutation.

Thank you for your advice because i don´t now what to do more.

Comment

Working...
                                X