Kernel Debugger issue...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same problem, different reasons

I'm getting the kernel debugger error too, but I haven't done any of the things others say they have done. I didn't even install anything. Daemon tools was working fine until I changed the letter designation of a DIFFERENT drive, then I found I was unable to change the designation of the Daemon tools drive. I exited the program to see if restarting it would help, and I got the error when trying to restart it.

Zero installations, zero downloads in the background, I didn't do anything to Daemon tools.

I completely uninstalled Daemon tools, restarted my computer, and tried to reinstall it, and at the end of the installation it gave me an error that said "Internal setup error. Error code: 14. Contact support."

Comment

• Please list running processes using Task Manager, thank you.
      Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
      Peace Through Power

Comment

• Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
        Please list running processes using Task Manager, thank you.
        L = Local Service
        S = System
        U = User/Administrator
        N = Network

L alg.exe 4.7m
        S AsSysCtrlService.exe 2.8m
        S ati2evxx.exe 4.3m
        S ati2evxx.exe 5.7m
        S avgchsvx.exe .4m
        S avgcsrvx.exe .4m
        S avgcsrvx.exe 5.6m
        S Savgemc.exe .8m
        S avgnsx.exe 1.1m
        S avgrsx.exe .6m
        U avgtray.exe 2.5m
        S avgwdsvc.exe 2.3m
        U chrome.exe 32.8m
        U chrome.exe 54.3m
        U chrome.exe 44.9m
        U chrome.exe 15.8m
        U chrome.exe 41.1m
        S csrss.exe 4.3m
        U ctfmon.exe 4.7m
        U DAODx.exe 3.3m
        S DVMExportService.exe 4.3m
        U explorer.exe 18.6m
        U ForceField.exe 2.8m
        U GoogleCrashHandler.exe 1m
        U HDeck.exe 14.8m
        S ISWSVC.exe 6.3m
        U jucheck.exe 6.4m
        U jusched.exe 5.8m
        S lsass.exe 1.7m
        S services.exe 4.7m
        S smss.exe .4m
        S spoolsv.exe 5.6m
        U Steam.exe 12.9m
        S svchost.exe 5.8m
        N svchost.exe 5.4m
        S svchost.exe 28.3m
        N svchost.exe 5.2m
        L svchost.exe 5.5m
        S System 103.3m
        S System Idle Process .0m
        U taskmgr.exe 6.1m
        S ToolTipFixer.exe 6.7m
        U TurboV.exe 27.7m
        S vsmon.exe 27.9m
        S winlogon.exe 1.6m
        U wscntfy.exe 3.7m
        U zlclient.exe 3.7m

Comment

• Uninstall ZoneAlarm toolbar.
          Peace Through Power

Comment

• I don't have the ZoneAlarm Toolbar installed. I specifically chose not to install it during the installation of ZoneAlarm.

Comment

• Disable ForceField (ISWSVC.exe and ForceField.exe).
              Peace Through Power

Comment

• I'm sorry to post this here, because I couldn't find a way to send a message to a user directly, but this is related anyway.

I'd like to ask why it was assumed that I had not purchased the game, and thus I was banned. Of course, I understand the reasons for banning someone who hasn't purchased the game and is therefore trying to get past having to. But I have purchased the game. I just want a little technical support. Can't we at least talk before I get banned again? I don't even know what I said that made you jump to the conclusion that I was pirating the game.

Comment

• I guess you are thereaverofdarkness.

Your quote:
                  Code:
                   I [b]downloaded[/b] the iso and mounted it successfully, and it opens the DA:O autorun screen
                  Well, you stated you downloaded the iso and game didn't work with it.
                  If you bought the game, why you download an ISO from the net?
                  If you would have downloaded it from steam or publisher, you wouldn't have got an ISO at all --- only the game with a digital license.
                  Peace Through Power

Comment

• Yes, I am thereaverofdarkness.
                    --
                    That's my problem. My mom's mac has the disc stuck in it, and it won't let it go, so I can't play it on my computer. That's why I downloaded the iso. I don't understand why that has anything to do with me pirating the game since I have the legal CD key that goes with the game.

Anyways, my mom took her computer to the mac techs today, and I'll probably get my disc back soon. But could you lift the ban?

Also, I'm still wondering why daemon tools isn't working for this disc. It's not such a big problem anymore, but it seems like something worth looking into. But I'm going to drop the subject now.

Lift the ban please?

Comment

• Even when owning the disc it is illegal to download a pirated ISO.
                      Disable Browser Security in ZoneAlarm.
                      You must recreate your image.
                      Peace Through Power

Comment

• Thanks. I didn't know that. I thought the copy protection was the CD key, so I still wonder why they require me to have the original disc. But no matter. Some people/companies simply can't be reasoned with.

Comment

• Greetings

I have been using DT for quite some time.
                          Recently, I updated my laptop from Vista to Windows 7.
                          Since then, DT has stopped working, and gives me the error of
                          "This program requires at least Windows 2000 with SPTD 1.60 or higher.
                          Kernel debugger must be deactivated."

I don't believe I have a kernel debugger, seeing I never installed one. I also have no idea about SPTD 1.60.

Skimming through this thread confused me more than helped me. I was wondering if I could receive as simple as possible of directions to aid me with trying to solve this issue.

Thank you most kindly.

Comment

• Just follow this guide - Registry and SPTD problems | DAEMON Pro Help

Comment

• i.ve been using DT for 3 years on different pc's and only just started to get the error message today, did any one find out what causes the error and how to fix it? please let me no, thanx in advance. bullockinc

Comment

• Originally Posted by Sway View Post
                                Hi. I have the kernel debugger issue, and I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate. I was trying to install Daemon Tools Lite 4.35.6.0091 and it gave me that error, so I followed these instructions... But none of them worked. I tried just disabling the SPTD service, but that didn't work, so I tried removing the volatile key. When I booted it up this morning it still gave the kernel debugger issue. Now I've installed this exact same version of Daemon Tools Lite on a computer that's basically identical running the same version of Windows, and it didn't have any issues. Are there any other ways to get rid of SPTD? It's really screwing up things for me. Any help would be much appreciated.

~neo

Comment

Working...
                                X