No announcement yet.

Kernel Debugger issue...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daemon Tools doesn't "deactivate" anything. The warning message when you install says you must deactivate any running debuggers to use DT. As for Norton, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling using their cleanup utility? There's no reason DT should interfere with it.

Removing Norton with RNAV

Comment

The method which ShamblerDK gave is too much of a mission to get DT working, cant we get a more simple solution, is there a solution for this, it seems nothing is working.
      Windows cant find sptdinst_x64.exe neither, when i try run sptdinst_x64.exe add

Comment

Originally Posted by Goobles
        The method which ShamblerDK gave is too much of a mission to get DT working, cant we get a more simple solution, is there a solution for this, it seems nothing is working.
        Windows cant find sptdinst_x64.exe neither, when i try run sptdinst_x64.exe add
        Look in the Common Problems and Solutions forum for an easier way to update to the new SPTD version.
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

I have the same problem with "deactivate Kernel Debugger".I have being using Daemon Tools for very long and last week I finally installed the SP2.Then Daemon stopped working.I have the 4.0.0 version.I have tried to unistall it and it did not work.I also tried to install the 4.0.3 version and it shows the same error.I followed the instructions I found in this forum but I donґt seem to be able to solve anything.I found the solution to update the version 4.0.3 in the Common Problems and Solutions forum for an easier way to update to the new SPTD version.But it only solves the problem if you already have the 4.0.3.

My question is:What can I do if I have 4.0.0.???How do I update to the new SPTD version????.Maybe I have read the solution and did not realize but I donґt know how to do it.

It would be a great help if anyone could give me a hint.Thanks in advance.

Comment

pointing to thread A request for the D-Tools team

Originally Posted by Felgue_PK
            I have tried to unistall it and it did not work
            I suggest running the program mentioned in this post to help perform an uninstall of DAEMON Tools 4.xx.
            the modern world:
            net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Thanks a lot UNDERHEAVEN.Iґll try what you suggest and I will tell you about it.Sorry I skipped that post

Comment

This may help

Hey everyone, this could help alot or none at all. My first suggestion is check your computer for malware asap!!! I have had no problems with my comp for over a year and a half until these past few months where I have gotten tons of that crap out of nowhere. I researched and some of them screw your registry up among several other things. Also, several types of malware that have recently come out are NOT detected by AV, only certain programs I have found have actually worked. Now this may be useless information for some, but if Daemon just quit working suddenly, or the debugger has been enabled for no reason, I would suggest to check your comp. The 2 programs I have found to be most useful are prevx1 and smitfraudfix.
                Note-I have not been able to get daemon working yet as the malware I had messed up my registry and I havent been able to fix it as of yet.
                Hopefully this helps.

Comment

I have this same problem. I get this identical error:

"Initialization error.
                  This program requires at least windows 2000 with SPTD 1.21 or higher. Kernel debugger must be deactivated."

And also the "failed to oped config key" error when attempting to install.

However, ShamblerDK's solution on the second page, while it's thorough, does not work for me, mainly because my system requires that I use msconfig to choose Safe Mode BEFORE I shut down and reboot; therefore, I cannot choose not to load the SPTD driver. Even in safe mode, using the search function still does not come up with any files named "sptd" and there are none in the registry; I don't know how I can delete these as a fix when I can find none in the first place :\

So are there any other solutions? I would be really glad to recieve some help regarding this problem. Last week I installed a new motherboard, and although everything else runs perfectly, it may be something to do with the new hardware.

Comment

Please don't use v4.00 anymore!
                    Rename sptd.sys and reboot, then try to install v4.03.
                    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
                    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Okay I searched again and this time found and deleted the SPTD.sys and SPTD****.sys files as per ShamblerDK's fix, and attempted to install first the SPTD ver. 1.25 drivers and then Daemon 4.03, but neither worked. Any other help?

Comment

pointing to thread A request for the D-Tools team

Originally Posted by hxzero
                        Okay I searched again and this time found and deleted the SPTD.sys and SPTD****.sys files as per ShamblerDK's fix, and attempted to install first the SPTD ver. 1.25 drivers and then Daemon 4.03, but neither worked. Any other help?
                        The program mentioned in the following post automates the steps that ShamblerDK outlined (a few more things too). It looks like you have already performed those steps but you can give it a try. Other than that there's nothing else I can think of to do.

the modern world:
                        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Kernal Debugger

Ok, I have Visual Studio installed and it has a kernel debugger, so I know that's why Daemon Tools stopped working. My problem is I can't find how to disable the debugger ?!?! Can anybody help me with this? I couldn't find the answer on google either

I'll un-install Visual Studio for now (PITA) but I'll need to re-install it again later so I'll keep looking for the answer...

Comment

Have you contacted MS support for help? What about searching in the MS Knowledge Base articles?

Comment

Follow up problems

Hello
                              Thanks to Underheavens great program I was able to uninstall Daemon and get rid of the debugger issue.But Iґm still stuck with a few problems that started with,and I guess are caused by this issue.

First is ICQ,when I try to start it says "Program canґt start because it has the wrong configuration,reinstalling it might help.But trying to reinstall it gives same message and instal gets aborted.Trying to uninstal it give the message" Error opening reg key" and "ICQlite.long canґt be found" only advice I have seen on icq boards is to reinstall and it doesnґt work.
                              Anyone have similar problems or see an answer?

Other things that happend is that
                              Autoprotect on Norton antivirus stopped working.
                              Startup is extremly slow and it doesnґt detect my external harddrive unless I restart it.

I hope someone can help me even if itґs not specific Daemon issues,seem to be many knowledgeable persons here and I donґt know where else to turn.This aall started with the kernell debugger message,so I guess itґs related.

Thankful for any help
                              Kind regards MrT

Comment

I had this exact problem after formatting my hard drive. I had installed Daemon tools before finishing all of my windows updates.

When I booted up I got the Kernel debugger error message and could also not uninstall Daemon,so came here to look at the forums.

After reading all the posts it looked like a lot of hard work so I just tried downloading and installing Daemon again over what was already on my hard drive and it works fine now.

Worked for me hope it works for you I love it when simple things work

Comment

Working...
                                X