No announcement yet.

Kernel Debugger issue...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Windows 2000, the instructions you provide stop with the manipulation of the user rights on a given key, that isn't avail. in win2k. However, after reboot (the instructions included removing the system files..) I was able to run the sptdinst_x86.exe and have it successfully complete. After a reboot, there was an error about the virtual scsi device not loading, but the image I had left mounted was still there! Cool, I thought. Next, I was able to successfully uninstall DT4.03 finally. I imagine that now that I've done this uninstall with success, I can put it in again w/o issue. I was having issues with the M$ update for MDAC, prior to this issue. In the process of resolving this, I repaired my OS back to SP2 status, and then rolled it back forward in a different order so that the MDAC update was successful. So, for me, this DT problem was a left-over side-effect of an extensive Windows repair process.

Now as for this whenusavenow spyware slime, screw that! I would use something else first. Back to 3.41/4.01 for me, or PowerISO or Alcohol.. Too bad, I've always liked DT..

Comment

You ARE aware that the installation of that spyware slime is OPTIONAL, aren't you??
      Mounty Bob strikes back

Comment

Actually, it's not "spyware slime" or any other kind of spyware, it's adware.

Comment

Originally Posted by mastermind
          This message simply means that SPTD is not installed/present on your computer. SPTD is a driver that Daemon Tools v4.x depends on in order to function. Personally, I can't say for sure why SPTD isn't installed properly on your computer, but I suggest the following:
          • Go to the Downloads section and find SPTDinst_X86 (or SPTDinst_X64 if you're using Windows XP x64 Edition)
          • Download it - preferably to a location that will be simple for you to locate later
          • Run "sptdinst_x86.exe add". For example, if you downloaded the file to C:\Temp, you could click Start -> Run (or simply press Windows key + R) and type c:\temp\sptdinst_x86.exe add. Obviously, if you downloaded the x64 version, you should substitute "sptdinst_x86.exe" with "sptdinst_x64.exe".

I hope this can be of help to those of you who experience this issue.
          Solved

I got the same problem on Win xp64 installation. Right after installing win I installed also DT and it worked normally, after updating win (windows update, many security updates) DT got this problem.

I just downloaded SPTDinst_X64 from download section, executed it with remove command, then with add command, restarted system and DT works with no problem.

Comment

Kernel Debugger issue

i got the same error here...
            initialization error.
            this program requires at least windows 200 with SPTD 1.24 or higher.kernel debugger must be deactivated.
            my solution is go to start > run > (type here) msconfig > go to TAB startup >uncheck here DT refer to C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools\... Apply and reboot system.
            error never comeback anymore.

Comment

Kernell Daemon and The Guild 2

OK u're a great man, everything seems to be ok now.

My pc is now ok, i could install daemon or alcohol again, but i won't because in this way i install again sptd files giving me the same freezing issue.
              1)So, how can i install (or use something alternative) daemon/alcohol with sptd without causing kernel debugger conflict?
              2)In these conditions i can't play The guild 2 that request the use of Daemon 4.06, any suggestions?

Note that i had to manually disconnect my dvd reader/burner to make the game playable, Securom blocked it if i didn't that!

Thank u very much for your help.

Originally Posted by ShamblerDK
              Hello there fellow DT users!

Okay, I have had all kinds of errors with the new 4.03 version of DT during this last whole week of trial and error testing. The errors I haven't been able to correct, and so I see most of you have failed to correct too, I have now corrected. Only took me five reinstalls of Windows Server 2003 EE...

I have here, the EXACT, PROVEN solution to the kernel debugger error message AND the "Failed to oped config key" errors!

This guide is for Windows XP and all the way up to Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition. (Let me know if it works on Windows 2000 too).

The legal stuff:
              I accept no responsibility whatsoever for the damages done to peoples software/hardware during the use of this guide... bla bla bla

Okay, here goes:
              1. Boot into safe mode (Make sure to press ESC when/if it asks you if you want to load the SPTD.SYS driver!)
              2. Go into your "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS" and delete the SPTD.SYS -and- the SPTDxxxx.SYS (Where xxxx being a random number that varies from computer to computer).

Okay, now it gets tricky:
              3. Open up your Registry Editor and do a search for "sptd".
              4. When found, delete them. You will find keys you cannot delete. You have to change the permissions on those keys, to allow administrators (notice the "s" at the end of "administrator") to change them, in order to be able to delete them. (Seems logical, right?).

The method to change permissions:
              1. Rightclick the "sptd" key and select "Permissions..."
              2. In the "Security" tab that has now opened, you will see the list of users that have access to this registry key and it's sub-keys. Click on "Advanced".
              3. In this window you need to make sure that the "Allow inheritable permissions from the parent to propagate to this object and all child objects. Include these with entries explicitly defined here." is NOT enabled.
              4. Now select the users in the list you see before you and press "Remove". Now press "Apply".
              5. Press "Add..." in that same window.
              6. In the "Select User or Group" window you press "Avanced" and after that, press "Find Now".
              7. You will now see the list of available users on your computer. Here you select "Administrators", (Still with the "s" in the end of "Administrator"), and press "OK".
              8. Okay, back in the "Select User or Group" window you also press "OK". (Notice that there is now a user in the list at the bottom of the window called "<ourcomputername>\Administrators").
              9. Now, we're back in the "Advanced Security Settings" window in the "Permissions" tab. Select the "Owner" tab.
              10. Select the "Administrators" user and enable the "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects" option. Press "Apply".
              11. Select the "Effective Permissions" tab.
              12. In this tab you press "Select..." and repeat step 6-8. Now you should see "Administrators" in the "Group or user name:" box.
              13. Press "OK".

Back to the main part of the guide:
              5. Repeat step 1-13 for every single key you find by searching for "sptd", that you are unable to delete normally.
              6. Reboot your Windows into normal (un-safe? :P ) mode and install DT 4.03 following normal installation procedures.

That's it!

If you have any questions, feel welcome to ask me here in this thread.

(On a personal note, I can say that I have gained a much deeper understanding of the Windows Registry during this week of trying to get SPTD installed. So it ain't all bad :P ).

Comment

oh my...

Originally Posted by ShamblerDK

I have here, the EXACT, PROVEN solution to the kernel debugger error message AND the "Failed to oped config key" errors!

This guide is for Windows XP and all the way up to Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition. (Let me know if it works on Windows 2000 too).

The legal stuff:
                I accept no responsibility whatsoever for the damages done to peoples software/hardware during the use of this guide... bla bla bla

Okay, here goes:
                1. Boot into safe mode (Make sure to press ESC when/if it asks you if you want to load the SPTD.SYS driver!)

WOAH!!!!!
                now i got a problem here...
                i was just soo happy to finally find a solution to my problem... but ironically my ESC button does not work!! (looseer!!)
                now theres just NOTHING i can do??
                is there a configuration in windows where i can assign the ESC function to some other key?

thanks...

Comment

Hi guys,

Well I was really upset with this Error message, went trough the forum, almost edited my PC Register, but what I ended-up doing was:

1- I tryed to uninstall...failed

2- I tryed to re-install from a fresh download... innitally error messages, kept trying to re-install and voilб... Daemon Tools and virtual drivers set-up ok...!!! But, on the next reboot... What-The-F..k new problem ... now myTeamSpeaker isn't working anymore... went to the TS forum...lot of people with same error...no solutions available...

3- Restauration to the previous day of DAEMON TOOOLS update and voilб...

TOTAL SUCCESS...

I hope it may help you, but, Iwouln't fiddle with the Register as I'm not that expert...

Comment

Originally Posted by balabalatau
                    when I try to turn on my daemon tool,it says that the program require at least window 2000 with SPTD 1.21 or higher and need to deactivate Kernel Debugger.
                    It's strange my daemon tool v4 was working until recently O_O?
                    Help?
                    Gotten this error before and fixed it. It means that the sptd driver is corrupted or doesn't have enough disc space to launch. Check to see if you have enough memory and disk space to launch it. If you do then the culprit is the sptd, uninstall and reinstall daemon tools. Have no idea why daemon tools displays such a cryptic error message no one understands.

Comment

First, excuse my bad english.

I have this problem: When I install DT 4.08 and restart windows I lose my admin. rights. For example: I can't access RegEdit, TaskManager, Run in START menu and may be other. Because of that my antivirus and firewall (Kerio) can't run.

Is there a solution of this problem.

I've runing WinXP SP2 with last updates.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

this works

i've just installed daemon tools on my laptop to get these error messages and this worked. Some of the keys can't be deleted, so remove all the sub-keys

Originally Posted by ShamblerDK View Post
                        Okay, I have had all kinds of errors with the new 4.03 version of DT during this last whole week of trial and error testing. The errors I haven't been able to correct, and so I see most of you have failed to correct too, I have now corrected. Only took me five reinstalls of Windows Server 2003 EE...
                        The legal stuff:
                        Okay, here goes:
                        2. Go into your "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS" and delete the SPTD.SYS -and- the SPTDxxxx.SYS (Where xxxx being a random number that varies from computer to computer).
                        Okay, now it gets tricky:
                        3. Open up your Registry Editor and do a search for "sptd".
                        4. When found, delete them. You will find keys you cannot delete. You have to change the permissions on those keys, to allow administrators (notice the "s" at the end of "administrator") to change them, in order to be able to delete them. (Seems logical, right?).
                        The method to change permissions:
                        1. Rightclick the "sptd" key and select "Permissions..."
                        2. In the "Security" tab that has now opened, you will see the list of users that have access to this registry key and it's sub-keys. Click on "Advanced".
                        3. In this window you need to make sure that the "Allow inheritable permissions from the parent to propagate to this object and all child objects. Include these with entries explicitly defined here." is NOT enabled.
                        4. Now select the users in the list you see before you and press "Remove". Now press "Apply".
                        5. Press "Add..." in that same window.
                        6. In the "Select User or Group" window you press "Avanced" and after that, press "Find Now".
                        7. You will now see the list of available users on your computer. Here you select "Administrators", (Still with the "s" in the end of "Administrator"), and press "OK".
                        8. Okay, back in the "Select User or Group" window you also press "OK". (Notice that there is now a user in the list at the bottom of the window called "<ourcomputername>\Administrators").
                        9. Now, we're back in the "Advanced Security Settings" window in the "Permissions" tab. Select the "Owner" tab.
                        10. Select the "Administrators" user and enable the "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects" option. Press "Apply".
                        11. Select the "Effective Permissions" tab.
                        12. In this tab you press "Select..." and repeat step 6-8. Now you should see "Administrators" in the "Group or user name:" box.
                        13. Press "OK".
                        Back to the main part of the guide:
                        5. Repeat step 1-13 for every single key you find by searching for "sptd", that you are unable to delete normally.
                        6. Reboot your Windows into normal (un-safe? :P ) mode and install DT 4.03 following normal installation procedures.
                        That's it!
                        If you have any questions, feel welcome to ask me here in this thread.
                        (On a personal note, I can say that I have gained a much deeper understanding of the Windows Registry during this week of trying to get SPTD installed. So it ain't all bad :P ).

Comment

I have been havng difficulty installing Daemon Tools. So i have had a go with your method. No success but it did make a difference. When installing it now says "unable to create service error code 5".
                          I didn't manage to eliminate all references to sptd in the registry.
                          Am i supposed to remove folders? ie SPTD & Legacy SPTD?

Comment

you don't have to delete the folders themselves, but all of the files within any folder brought up by the search should go. I also got a few files with their filetype undefined within these folders that wouldn't be deleted. don't worry they dont need to be. also, at first i was convinced it hadnt worked because after rebooting from the registry I still got the message, and after the initial reboot during the installation process I again still got it. once the install is done however, daemon is right as rain. i rebooted again to make sure.

I joined just to give shambler his props. no way i would have figured that out on my own. I won't pretend it was fun, but it worked.

Comment

My sollution

Hi!

I found a sollution to the problem which displays the kernel debugger bug!

My sollution is just to rightclick deamon tools, click "run as" and choose administrator. Doing this deamon tools starts up as it should. Then, deactivate "automont" in the deamontools config settings. Then you wont get the errormessage on startup, you wont use as much system-resources as if it is mounted.

For me this is a OK sollution as i do not use deamon tools too often. And if i need to use it, i only "run as" and exectues DT ...

Not quite the "grand sollution" but, it shoud be adequate for most people..

Comment

Or you could change the startup line to the following.

Code:
                                runas /user:<yourmachine>\Administrator "<path to daemon.exe>"
                                Where <yourmachine> = your computer's name and <path to daemon.exe> = well, the path to daemon.exe. You should get a command window popup that asks for the Administrator password. Type it in, and you're good to go. I have yet to find a way to add the password into the runas command.

Comment

Working...
                                X