Kernel Debugger issue...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same problem with latest version on Windows 7

I am on Windows 7 and am having the same issue. I do not have ZoneAlarm or any other crap like that, and even manually installing SPTD doesn't correct this. I did have PowerISO installed as well and removed it on the assumption that it conflicted with DAEMON, but alas nothing changed. The only thing I could think of that blocks programs is the Firewall, but I've added an exception for DAEMON.

Comment

• Uninstall DT. Open Register Editor (Start -> Run... -> regedit), navigate to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\SPTD

and change Start value to 4.

Now reboot, navigate to this key again and change permissions on this key - right click on the key -> Permissions and set Full Access to Everyone .

Delete this key, reboor your PC and install Daemon Tools again.

Note: It is strongly recommended to disable all security software during installation SPTD/DT.

Comment

• Had to manually select and delete the values in subkeys

The registry method worked. I had tried it before to no avail, but selecting and deleting the actual values instead of the entire "stpd" key did the job.

Comment

• Possibly caused by a bad MS update?

I got the Kernal Debugger error for the first time last night. I'm using DT 4.10 and SPTD 1.59 on Win7 Ultimate 64-bit.

I had no problems with either the SPTD or Daemon Tools to start with. However, after I installed the latest security updates from Microsoft, I started getting the error.

While searching for a solution, I came across this old thread here, which dealt with an error caused by a specific update for WinXP 64-bit. Could there be a similar problem with a Win7 update?

Comment

• Install latest version.
            Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
            Peace Through Power

Comment

• Thanks! Helped me. Got the same kernel debugger error. I was migrating Vista to Windows 7 64bit. Using Microsoft Security Essentials.

Comment

• Hello,

I have the same problem

I have Win7 Family Premium 64bits
                I installed "DAEMON Tools Lite v4.35.5 (with SPTD 1.62)" and after rebooting my PC, i got the message with Kernal error explaining me that i need at least SPTD 1.60 and windows 2000...

Originally Posted by Sway View Post
                Uninstall DT. Open Register Editor (Start -> Run... -> regedit), navigate to

Now reboot, navigate to this key again and change permissions on this key - right click on the key -> Permissions and set Full Access to Everyone .

Note: It is strongly recommended to disable all security software during installation SPTD/DT.
                Hello,

When you say to navigate to this key again.... what do you mean by "key" ?

Is is start value ?
                Because when i right click on it, i only can modify it, modify binary datas....

tx
                Last edited by Blazkowicz; 26.11.2009, 23:51.

Comment

• The key is called "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servi ces\SPTD"
                  Registry value is "Start".
                  Just double click on Start and there you can set it to 4.
                  Peace Through Power

Comment

• Ok i did it, and now ?

Comment

• Following the rest of the guide at DT Pro Help.
                      Peace Through Power

Comment

• Originally Posted by Sway View Post
                        Uninstall DT. Open Register Editor (Start -> Run... -> regedit), navigate to

Thanks, This resolved my problem after an upgrade from 7 bèta (7600.16835x86) to official.

Comment

• When i click on the sptd file i can find no start file or anything to change to 4. what exactly do i change to 4?

Comment

• so i put Start value to 4 and now i cant give full control to CREATOR OWNER. I click on it and the nclick apply and then my checks go away. bBt my SYSTEM, Administrators, and users all have full control. And when i try and delete the sptd file it says Cannot delete spd: Error while deleting the key.

Can anyone help?

Comment

• I have 2 pcs one 32bit and one 64bit. This works for 32bit but I am not getting the same results for 64bit.

The registry fix only resolves installation problems. This does allow you to get Daemon tools properly installed but as soon as you reenable AV software or malware software and reboot there the problem is again. So it's either no security software and Daemon tools or security software and no Daemon tools.

Is there really no way to run both side by side? I have it working on 32bit this way, but I believe those of us who are still seeing issues is related to 64bit. My case anyway as all the software is exactly the same on my pcs. I thought 64bit adoption was going to be as fast as it was for 32bit, but sure wish I had stayed with 32bit on both of my pcs.

Any other suggestions for 64bit?

Comment

• demon problem

Originally Posted by balabalatau View Post
                                when I try to turn on my daemon tool,it says that the program require at least window 2000 with SPTD 1.21 or higher and need to deactivate Kernel Debugger.
                                It's strange my daemon tool v4 was working until recently O_O?
                                Help?
                                please help me

Comment

Working...
                                X