Mount CUE+ISO\BIN\ZIP\7z+MP3\OGG\APE\FLAC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mount CUE+ISO\BIN\ZIP\7z+MP3\OGG\APE\FLAC

As a Windows\Linux user there are times I'd like to share backups between both OS's from a network share.

Now I'm a registered DTPA user...and frankly compressed MDS+MDF's work awesome for my windows only assets...but as I mentioned prior...it would be nice to use the same files for both OS's...and I'm not foreseeing DTPA making the transition to Linux anytime soon...so I'm hoping a few more backup formats could be supported not only for mounting but also to backup to as well. However Mounting in and of its self would go a long ways to solving my situation.

So any hope of seeing one of the below combinations in the future?
    CUE+ISO\BIN\ZIP\7z+MP3\OGG\APE\FLAC

Well thanks for your time reading and hopefully responding.

"CUE+ISO\BIN" those files should already work. The rest is just competing formats for image compression and someone needs to write kernel mode drivers which can read RANDOMLY in the middle of the files for those, and then sound stuff, I can't comment on those.

Search this forum for more information. There are a bunch of "requesting ___ format threads" with some developer/staff replies.
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Thanks for the reply...read through a few...seems like a mixed bag...some in favor...others opposed.

Main argument against seems to be that it would be in a way condoning warez...and I can see that point...but there is the flip side where one like myself are trying to use the same assets on two different platforms...one of which doesn't support DTP's compressed images...and DTP doesn't run on.

Guess only time will tell how things pan out...I'll just be doubling up on files in the mean time.

Comment

Working...
      X