Wrap around CD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrap around CD

Would it be possible, rather than to wrap around a image of CloneCD, to wrap around a CloneCD made physical copy? And then emulate the copy protection?

Kinda like the way AnyDVD and DVDRegionfree wrap around a real DVD, decode it on the fly, and pass the new information as a emulated DVD

That would make it easier to store an CloneCD image onto CD. After all, a RAW image of a 700 Mb is almost 800MB and does not fit a CD, unless in RAW mode, which means a copied CD.

That's what all emulations are made for. You don't need any emulation to play from appropriate image.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Ok, I completely do not understand the relevance of that reply, which leads me to assume Copytrooper completely did not understand my original suggestion.

Let me try again, but in different words:

Currently I need a 800Mb CloneCD image of a CD to mount into deamon tools. That cost me 800Mb HDD (per image)

I also have a CloneCD copied CD. Since the original had protection, the CD itself does not work, t would often be referred to as a coaster. The CD has exactly the same information as the image. Would it not be possible to mount the CD, rather than the image.

So, this would not be because I want to salvage the coasters, but because I want to be able to archive the game on CD rather than on harddisk.

Comment

Ok, I completely do not understand the relevance of that reply, which leads me to assume Copytrooper completely did not understand my original suggestion.
        it's the other way around - you didn't understand what CopyTrooper tryed to
        tell you. If you burn a CD with CloneCD, only in THAT case it's necessary to
        activate Daemon Tools Emulation. If you play from image, NO emulation-
        activation is necessary. I suggest you to read the Daemon Tools Manual first,
        then come back if you have questions not covered by our manual

Comment

Well, to make it clear:
          If the emulation is used correctly, the backup will work fine, so no need to write an image to cd-r.

Comment

Ok, so what you are saying is, if I insert the backup CD, activate the emulation, the it should already work? No need to mount any image from harddisk?

Well, then I must be having a different problem. Will try and figure it out.

Comment

That depends on the question if the backup was done correctly, which depends on the protection and the program used to create the backup.
              SecuROM needs DPM data, then use RMPS emulation, SafeDisc emulation doesn't work for newest versions atm (wait for next version).

Comment

Working...
              X