No announcement yet.

The Big Vista Beta 2 (build 5384.4) thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was thinking about that too. Too bad no one can get it running on 5456 at the moment, since 5456 is really much and much better then the previous build of Vista.
    CureROM Support Team

Comment

• I discovered how to install DAEMON 4.03 in ALL Windows Vista builds

Hi, the Windows Defender in Vista blocks the Daemon installation so to install the DAEMON 4.03 in Windows Vista, you have to turn off the Windows Defender and after you installs turn on again.

Good Luck

Comment

• Originally Posted by TITANIUM
        Hi, the Windows Defender in Vista blocks the Daemon installation so to install the DAEMON 4.03 in Windows Vista, you have to turn off the Windows Defender and after you installs turn on again.

Good Luck
        Waouw... that easy lol thank you! you made everybody's day with this.
        By the way, did you try with build 5456?
        Because i just disabled Windows defender and tried again... it doesn't work on 5456 and also its not needed anymore since latest DT with beta2.

Thanks for helping out
        Last edited by sfkilla23; 10.07.2006, 03:13.
        http://bsfkillaplace.runboard.com/

Comment

• Originally Posted by sfkilla23
          Ok, thanks for the info.
          Maybe you can try 5stargamecopy? I used it too in vista and it read many image files. I don't confirm that the B6i files work but you should give it a try.
          PS: You don't need v3.33 anymore if you use Beta2 of vista (5384) latest dt works 100% now, or you knew it maybe?

Stay tuned
          First tried to install 4.03 (vista 5456), installing no prob but after running daemon.exe an error accured and prog closed

note: this post was moved to the vista thread

Comment

• Actually i was going through error logs etc...
            I found this:

Its not in the error log but its a service control manager event

Thanks to the team for keeping up the good work

Comment

Actually i was going through error logs etc...
              I found this:

Its not in the error log but its a service control manager event

Thanks to the team for keeping up the good work
              I found that too, same error. To be honoust, I have no idea why it fails loading under 5456, since the 5456 is not much else then 5384.4 with a lot bugfixes and some performance improvements.
              CureROM Support Team

Comment

• Originally Posted by FnF
                I found that too, same error. To be honoust, I have no idea why it fails loading under 5456, since the 5456 is not much else then 5384.4 with a lot bugfixes and some performance improvements.
                Its because there have been changes in bcdedit and system manager in latest 5456,even vistabootpro gave a trick to install it on 5456. its just a coincidance i guess
                I pointed out the event log because its not in the error log.
                Thanks for trying out.

Comment

Ok, thanks for the info.
                  Maybe you can try 5stargamecopy? I used it too in vista and it read many image files. I don't confirm that the B6i files work but you should give it a try.
                  PS: You don't need v3.33 anymore if you use Beta2 of vista (5384) latest dt works 100% now, or you knew it maybe?

Stay tuned
                  First tried to use 4.03 (vista 5456), installing no prob, but after running daemon.exe a message pops up "error accured". Any idea?

note: this post was moved to the vista thread

Comment

• new version not working on Vista build 5456

I tried installing the "new" 4.03 on build 5456, and it no longer has the SPTD driver install loop, but I'm still getting errors. I ran it from a regular (non-admin) account and answered the UAC prompts. I also forgot to uninstall virtual clone drive first, if that matters.

I get a "Windows detected that this program did not install correctly" on the first pass, with no explanation, and on the second pass after reboot everything seems to install, but running it produces "Unable to add adapter. Insufficient privileges."

On a second system where I uninstalled Virtual Clone Drive first, rebooted, and then logged in as a real administrator, it installed without any errors, and then when I run it I get "Unable to add adapter. Unable to open file in kernel mode." Subsequent attempts to run it go back to "Unable to add adapter. Insufficient privileges."

Anybody else try this new version and find success on vista?

Comment

• And here is an event log screenshot, showing a problem with SPTD:

Comment

• Can you newbies please read the post!

There is no point of putting 5x the same info in this thread.
                        We allready posted some error screenshots
                        So please, we don't need 5x the same thing.
                        Thank you for understanding!

Comment

• Menu doesn't work under aero in vista beta 2

Under Vista Beta 2 Build 5384 I can install DT and run it (it initializes the drives and everything on startup) but I can't get the right click menu.

If I switch display settings to anything under aero (even vista basic) right clicking does work (and I can switch back and the image I mounted under basic works)

Running an ATI mobility radeon X1600 if that helps. No other virtual drive software or burning software or anything.

Comment

• error message after installation

having just installed daemon tools for the first time on a pc running windows vista beta 2 i get the error message
                            "unable to add adapter.insufficient privilages"
                            any suggestions???

Comment

• Originally Posted by jedi1386
                              having just installed daemon tools for the first time on a pc running windows vista beta 2 i get the error message
                              any suggestions???
                              Reinstall build 5384 and try again?
                              the modern world:
                              net helpmsg 4006

Comment

• Originally Posted by jedi1386
                                any suggestions???
                                Try R.Click on d.tools and select Run as Administrator

Comment

Working...
                                X