The Big Vista Beta 2 (build 5384.4) thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by sfkilla23
    Maybe it will work with next CTP? I will tell you next week with build 5472 of vista. Be patient, its coming closer
    Its not really confirmed it will be released next week, it probably will, but time will tell
    CureROM Support Team

Comment

• Ok after trying to read 16+ pages of "what to do" I still dont see a CLEAR answer to a question
      Will Daemon tools work with build 5384 64 bit OS?
      I'm not trying to be rude but trying to read that many pages that DON'T apply (32 and 64 are completely different) and I still can't make heads or tails.
      Yes I have disabled the damn "feature that warns everytime i want to do something" (sorry been a while and dont remember the proper title) and It was a pain to install but was done on a freshly re-formatted SATA drive, that i think is the problem I'm having it tells me it can not eject the drive.
      A simple go-no go answer would make me happy, I understand it's a whole new animal(64bit AND vista)
      I did download the 4.0.3 X64 version.

Comment

• Re: Vista Beta 2

Originally Posted by DaGuesingman
        Will Daemon tools work with build 5384 64 bit OS?
        Make sure you redownload the latest version of the DAEMON Tools install program. The version number hasn't changed (4.03HE) but the SPTD driver version changed to 1.25 (a version that is Vista Beta 2 compatible).

The answer is yes, the latest version of DAEMON Tools will work on 32-bit and x64 versions of Vista Beta 2 (note: only the beta 2 build).
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

• Originally Posted by Underheaven
          The answer is yes, the latest version of DAEMON Tools will work on 32-bit and x64 versions of Vista Beta 2 (note: only the beta 2 build).
          Wrong. It does not work on x64. Fresh install of Beta2 x64, single drive/partition, etc etc., still get the "image hash cannot be found" error on bootup after forced reboot on initial install.

sfkilla, appreciate all your testing and such, but in reading through these 17 pages, you don't distinguish at all between 32 and 64bit in most of your posts, other than the one time where you did admit they are very much different.

If I may suggest, let's all identify which version we're talking about, would eliminate a lot of confusion!

Comment

• Re: All Vista Beta 2 (build 5384.4) posts go here!

Originally Posted by Bubba J. Smith
            Wrong. It does not work on x64.
            It has been tested internally and does work on Vista Beta 2 build 5384.4 x64 Edition. But you don't have to believe me of course.
            the modern world:
            net helpmsg 4006

Comment

• x64 Public Beta

I can confirm the Public beta x64 vista works with latest Daemon Tools.
              Ive been using this copy since the start of the public beta, all i had to do was get VistaBoot Pro --> Advanced --> Allow use of unsigned drivers in x64 Edition?

checking that box stopped the hash check problem from coming up when initialising the sptd.sys driver.

Only problem i encountered was an inability to change the registry settings when setting auto start as a power user (worked fine when i ran the tray icon as admin.)

*edit:
              Also my only HDD is a SATA drive (optical drives on PATA IDE)

Comment

• Originally Posted by Pyr0
                yup, vistabootpro 2.0 beta works great with 5456
                I don't know if anyone tried it out, but if you select allow unsigned drivers, does it work with 5456 then?
                CureROM Support Team

Comment

• Originally Posted by FnF
                  I don't know if anyone tried it out, but if you select allow unsigned drivers, does it work with 5456 then?
                  I guess the question goes for 5456 64bit?
                  I only have 32bit systems so i didn't try it.
                  I'm also waiting for latest build 5472 to come up any moment.
                  http://bsfkillaplace.runboard.com/

Comment

I guess the question goes for 5456 64bit?
                    I only have 32bit systems so i didn't try it.
                    I'm also waiting for latest build 5472 to come up any moment.
                    The question goes for both builds. But I'm waiting for 5472 too...
                    CureROM Support Team

Comment

• build 5472 is available on connect, tap and msdn now

Comment

• DaemonTools in Vista 5456 beta 2

Hello. I read that now daemon tools 4.0.3 with new stpd drive works in Vista beta 2. But after installation daemon tools doesn't work and thats all. Please help me (

note: this post was moved to the vista thread

Comment

• Hi Zarogon

at the moment, daemon tools will only work with the official beta 2 build, 5384

something was changed in 5456 that (as you have seen) prevents DT from working

Comment

Ok!
                            I use to have this error also, but not with daemon tools!
                            I had this error with Vistabootpro and i had 3 partitions on my machine. (Xp, 5456 and 5384), i mixed up the boot file and couldn't even install 5384 with latest DT.

I think its already putt 10 times in this thread but... never enough they say

When i say vista works 100%, Its depending on how you installed it.

This is the perfect way:

- Install Beta2 5384 (Fresh partition & fresh install)
                            - Install Daemon Tools 4.03HE (Latest only including sptd1.25)

Is it that hard?

Many people still have problems just because they mix up installation, updates, uninstallation etc... its all disturbing the good installation of 4.03HE on vista.

Having multiple partitions can also be cause for trouble, Because if your boot file looks unusual, it will be hard for daemon to install properly. Thats the big reason for the fresh install, instead of mixing up partitions.

And finally, never forget its still a beta!

Hope it helped
                            No it didn't.

I did what you described as the "perfect way" first time and that's the error I got.

I installed Vista on a freshly formated Hard Drive and installed Daemon Tools shortly after. It didn't work...

Maybe it's because it's x64 but this website seems to be indicating that it works on this build of Vista and the x64 version does work for the the x64 Vista

Comment

• Originally Posted by Pyr0
                              Hi Zarogon

at the moment, daemon tools will only work with the official beta 2 build, 5384

something was changed in 5456 that (as you have seen) prevents DT from working
                              Senk's Pyr0 for your answer. I will hope that the Daemon Tools team find what changed in 5456 and release another version of DT work's in this build.

Sorry for my english, I am from Ukraine

P.S And what version of DT works in 5456 build.

Comment

Originally Posted by Zarogon
                                P.S And what version of DT works in 5456 build.
                                You can't use DAEMON Tools 4.xx in build 5456. Maybe DAEMON Tools 3.33 works.
                                the modern world:
                                net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
                                X