• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's called troubleshooting and beta testing

Comment

• Originally Posted by sfkilla23
      Right click on My computer/Manage/User account/
      Double click on Admin account and make sure its enabled, desactivate user and guest account and reboot.

Hope i helped
      ok. disable user and guest.

Don't work.

"unable to add adapter. unable to open file in kernel mode"

Comment

• performance issues

I'm running Vista Beta 2 (5384) 64 bit edition. I have an Athlon 3200+, MSI Neo4 K8N with a gigabyte of ram on it and use a WD SATA HD.

I am able to read and follow directions. A quick VistaBoot installation, tweak and DT 4.0.3 installation gave me a DT installation with no hassles.

However, I am confused with one thing and none of the other forum posts I found could quite answer my question. When I load up an image with DT, it works and loads and runs like it should, but with one hitch.

It stutters.

Things like redbook audio, data loading, pretty much anything that accesses the images stutter. I'm not sure is this is a system hardware performance issue, a hard drive issue, but it's very odd to me. Running the same images and applications in XP x86 and XP x64 never gave me these problems. Anyone have any clues?

Comment

• Originally Posted by bob_the_d
          I'm running Vista Beta 2 (5384) 64 bit edition. I have an Athlon 3200+, MSI Neo4 K8N with a gigabyte of ram on it and use a WD SATA HD.

I am able to read and follow directions. A quick VistaBoot installation, tweak and DT 4.0.3 installation gave me a DT installation with no hassles.

However, I am confused with one thing and none of the other forum posts I found could quite answer my question. When I load up an image with DT, it works and loads and runs like it should, but with one hitch.

It stutters.

Things like redbook audio, data loading, pretty much anything that accesses the images stutter. I'm not sure is this is a system hardware performance issue, a hard drive issue, but it's very odd to me. Running the same images and applications in XP x86 and XP x64 never gave me these problems. Anyone have any clues?
          most likely an I/O problem in vista, the later builds have improved on performance quite a bit

Comment

• Hi i disabled all warnings and the Admin secure ..something like that installd the new DT 4 and it goes like charm ! No Problems ! works for me perfect !
            If U Read It U Can Keep It

Comment

• Originally Posted by Jokemaster
              Hi i disabled all warnings and the Admin secure ..something like that installd the new DT 4 and it goes like charm ! No Problems ! works for me perfect !
              which build?

Comment

• It would have to be Beta 2 (build 5384), as DT 4.xx does not work in anything newer.

Comment

• Hi, I tried to install the latest version of Daemon Tools under Vista Build 5472 and I also get this error:

unable to add adapter. unable to open file in kernel mode

I tried several things but nothing makes it work.

Comment

• Originally Posted by alexsc
                    Hi, I tried to install the latest version of Daemon Tools under Vista Build 5472 and I also get this error:

unable to add adapter. unable to open file in kernel mode

I tried several things but nothing makes it work.
                    3.33 seems to work for some people, so it should work for you too
                    CureROM Support Team

Comment

• I have Vista build 5384. I installed v4.03HE without any issues. The only thing though is that when I activate virtual drives, no driver letters were assigned. I tried to edit the parameter to manually set a drive letter, but I receive an error message.

Prior to installing v4.03HE, I have v3.33 and I tried to manually uninstall it because the uninstall that came with it hanged.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

• I have Windows Vista Build 5384 x84, and I'm trying to install DT v4.03, with the BW5mount plugin, and when I try and mount a .B6T file, I get a "Unable to mount image. Unable to open file in kernel mode." I don't know what a kernel is, and I really need help with this!!

Comment

• pointing to thread Support VSO Blindwrite 6 (Updated Plugin Testing Here)

Originally Posted by goldsun1715
                          I try and mount a .B6T file
                          link: Support VSO Blindwrite 6 (Updated Plugin Testing Here)
                          the modern world:
                          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

• Originally Posted by Underheaven
                            How is this supposed to help, if Deamon tools does not work from the beggining?!

Comment

Originally Posted by goldsun1715
                              How is this supposed to help, if Deamon tools does not work from the beggining?!
                              a) Do you know why Blindwrite 6 images don't work by default?
                              It's because Blindwrite 6 is a new program.

b) Do you know that you have to replace the .DLL file in the DAEMON Tools directory?

c) Why do you think 'Deamon tools does not work'? Keep in mind that Blindwrite 6 is a new program.
                              the modern world:
                              net helpmsg 4006

Comment

• a) Yes! But the game I'm trying to run, MUST be run on Daemon Tools, on WINDOWS VISTA.

b) Of course!

c) Not relevent to my problem, I can't run it AT ALL, that means I can't mount .isos, or anything for that matter!

Comment

Working...
                                X