The Big Vista Beta 2 (build 5384.4) thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Install

Hey there I was quickly looking around the forums for a guide but couldn't find one (perhaps I didn't look hard enough?)

I was just curious as to whether anyone has (or can write) a step by step guide of how to install Vista using Daemon Tools (I have the latest version)

I tried before and all seemed to work ok, but after installation it would only boot up to a blue screen of death, though safe mode worked fine.. but nothing I did would fix normal start up. Thanks for any help!

P.S. I have just reformatted the C: drive and am looking to reinstall vista.

Comment

SFKilla, Does your vista stay activated after you installed it? After removing the ST3WOLF SCSI Adapter (yellow), did vista go activated again?

Comment

no! no activation problems...i'm activated and it stays like this!
        Never had an activation change or problem before or after DT installation...
        but i'm wondering how this could be related any how???

I think this is a problem with the 64bit versions of vista.
        Last edited by sfkilla23; 23.06.2006, 13:05.
        http://bsfkillaplace.runboard.com/

Comment

Vista Build 5384

Tried to install 3.33, 3.43 & 3.44. None of them worked.

Same Error-Message at all Versions:

"Device setup error: code 25030 (0x61c6), -536870337 (0xE000023F). Contact your Service personnel"

By the way, itґs a Windows Installer Package, so u canґt execute it as "Admin" (as aforementioned)

Comment

Originally Posted by iscmatze
            "Device setup error: code 25030 (0x61c6), -536870337 (0xE000023F). Contact your Service personnel"
            the modern world:
            net helpmsg 4006

Comment

I managed to install v3.33 with no problems while logged into the Administrator account. Unfortunately I did this before activating Vista and as a result the activation wouldn't work. Kept saying something about 'invalid data'.

Uninstalled DT and the activation worked fine. I read elsewhere on the net that reinstalling DT had deactivated Vista again for some people but I tried it anyway and it worked fine for me and I've had no more problems.

FYI... To enable the Administrator account do the following...

Go to start --> run and type "control userpasswords2" without the quotes.

Click on the Advanced tab.

Under "Advanced User Management" click the Advanced button.

Click on Users then right click the Administrator account and select Properties.

Uncheck "Account is disabled".

Reboot and there you go...

Comment

Installation Problem with Windows Vista

I have Widnows Vista Beta 2 build 5384 (x32 bit) and when I try to install Daemon Tools (daemon403-x86.exe), I get this message:

and then I get another message saying that I have to reboot, like so:

I clicked "OK" on both of these instances and then when the computer reboots, the installation just repeats itself and asks the same questions, including the ones mentioned above.

What can I do to solve this?
                I donwloaded the installer from the Daemon Tools website itself, so maybe is it because I using the wrong version of Dameon Tools to install?

note: this post was moved to the vista thread

Comment

Vista beta 2 is currently not supported, you can try v3.33 meanwhile.

note: this post was moved to the vista thread
                  Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
                  They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Anybody tried DT4 under Vista build 5456?

Comment

Originally Posted by markastor
                      Anybody tried DT4 under Vista build 5456?
                      Vista Beta 2 is free to the public so that's what people will continue to use for a long time, but sfkilla23 mentioned he was trying the latest build. I'm sure he'll post here within the next few days.
                      the modern world:
                      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Yes Yes yes....

Absolutely!!!
                        Actually i'm working on it as i write this...
                        I already tested around 10 games of mine... and guys.....Vista 5456 kicks ass big time.
                        I will post my test in this forum later tomorrow!!!
                        I've tried all my games with daemon v3.33 (installed as i explained in this forum too) and sometimes some third party proggys like securom loader v1.2 from daemon also and SD4hide.

I let you guys know tomorrow!

Stay tuned

Comment

Ok Vista 5456 And Games !!!

Hello everyone,

There as always been one main reason for me to keep using Xp as main Os, games, games and....games!
                          I have to admit that since build December05 CTP (Build 5270), Graphics were much improved and stability was on
                          a good way.
                          The latest vista build 5456 is really improved with gameplay and AA (Antialliasing is endly there)
                          I'm not an everyday freak extreme gamer but i have some need for speed and reality.

I will start this post with the games i tried untill now (still have others but no time - will update in futur)

I forgot to mention that i don't just install the game and play 10 min to see if it works. I usually install the game, check for the latest updates, drivers, etc...
                          I do hour sessions (play an hour or two) and do a little break and so on. I also test a game during two or three days.

Here are my specs:

MSI NEO2 LS INTEL 865PE
                          PENTIUM 4C @ 3200mhz (267*12)
                          1Go Ram DDR @ 427mhz (256*4) dual channel
                          Geforce 6600GT AGP 128m XFX (OC @ 580/1160)
                          Hitachi 160Go 7200rpm 8m (3 partitions)
                          Freecom F1 CDRW 52x + Mediabay
                          Levicom 340W

Software installed:

Windows Vista 5456.5 (X86 = 32Bit version)
                          Daemon Tools v3.33 (4.03 still don't work) Same for ALC120%
                          Nvidia 88.61 drivers

Important!!!

I already posted this but i prefer to put it here again:
                          After a fresh install of latest build of vista (5456.5 at present), only install v3.33 of daemon tools and don't try any other version before as it will only complicate the good
                          working of v3.33. Intallation errors etc....

(If you already tried to install any earlier build before trying v3.33, you can always uninstall first and reboot to see what happens.)

In my case, after a simple reboot... vista fixed it all alone and v3.33 was working great!

Also vista is installed on same hard disk than xp (dual boot)
                          Xp on C: , Vista5456 on D: and backup partition on E:
                          My cdrom letter is G: and the daemon virtual drive is F:
                          Images of games where created with latest alcohol120% and .mds with rmps activated.

Here we go:

- The Sims 2 (DT3.33 + SD4Hide)
                          DVD version and also 4 extensions ( University - Nightlife - Open for business - Family fun )
                          Its the only game that worked ok since build 5270... went better and better till 5384 where only the menu inside the game was flickering constantly and now its really good in 5456.
                          It works like in XP and its even faster to install.

- Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06 (DT3.33 + SD4Hide)
                          This game is playable since build 5308... never had a graphic artifact or anything else but it as always been to slow. Its a precise golf simulation so it better be sharp!
                          Since build 5381.1 it runs good but still slower than Xp
                          In the latest 5456 build its really better (AA is there now) its nearly like Xp now and only difficult people like me will feel the difference. So good for this one too.

- Pro Evolution Soccer 5(DT3.33 + Securom load v1.2)
                          This game runs great since build 5219 and even earlier just because its not a demanding game (Don't need a monster to run it) But and for me its a big but.... I have never had sound with this game ( the intro sound and everything is there but once i'm in the menu ... nothing.
                          I've an integrated Sound card (C-media 6channels or something... guess thats not good enough for it)

- Tomb raider Legend (DT3.33 + Securon Load v1.2)
                          I only tested this game since build 5384.4 since i didn't buy it before. I have to say Amazing!!!
                          or nothing to say. same or better than xp.

- NBA Live 06 (DT3.33 + SDhide)
                          No problems at all since many older vista builds! Fast and sharp.

- Farcry ( Updated v1.33 ) (DT3.33 + SDHide)

This game worked ok in latest builds (5308 untill 5384.4) but framerate always to slow and mostly, graphic problems such as flickering, artifacts etc...
                          Those problems mainly due to the graphic card drivers not too good untill then.

...But in this latest 5456 build (AA present here) its a world of difference
                          The speed is amazing, the graphics are superb, picture as more light, better contrast and colors are warmer...
                          Its the game untill now, that i'm the most impressed with.
                          I didn't even feel testing it because i really got into the game again.
                          After more than 2 days of playing (around 12hours... i know i'm on holidays for a couple of weeks)
                          i didn't have any problems.

Half Life 2: (5CDs version) (DT3.33+Securom Load1.2)

This game used to work fine from dt3.33 in earlier builds (5308-5381.1) but since build 5384.4 and this one.
                          This is what i get:

I tried from my original discs but same problem!
                          Will have to test further on this one. i 'll let you know.

... ok got it. I had some dirt on my original cd n°4. I cleaned it, made an mds image and all good. I will test and update the post.

F.E.A.R (1.03) : DT3.33+Secu load1.2)
                          This game runs great also... since build 5365. Great graphics and since 5456... again AA is making a big difference.
                          No protection problems so far

Ok thats it so far....
                          here are some games that i'm testing now... i will update my post everytime. Starforce games will be interesting to test as we know that v3.33 of DT is not build for it.

Next will be:
                          -Toca Race Driver 3
                          -GT Legends
                          -Colin Mc Rae 05
                          -Medal of honor Latest??
                          -Prince of Persia Two Thrones
                          -Etc...
                          Last edited by sfkilla23; 30.06.2006, 19:23.

Comment

Update Games vista 5456 DT3.33

Starforce is something else!

- GT Legends (v1.1) (DT3.33+SFupdate+Sfcure)

Well well well... this game used to work from build 5270 untill build 5365 without any protection problems.
                            Since build 5381, 5384 and 5456... its another story.
                            Normally game used to install just with dt3.33 and i used sfcure to make it start like usual. Starforce tell it wants to restart so i did but on reboot i got this:

And when i loaded the game i had this:

So i realised that Starforce had made and update specifically for vista.
                            Source: http://www.star-force.com/protection.phtml?c=83&id=957

I installed the update & game could start with sfcure.

PS: framerate is improved alot but still slower than xp!

Comment

Vista Anti-Aliasing

sfkilla23, Am I to understand that that DirectX on Vista has slowdowns with Anti-Aliasing until the most recent release?

edit: aaah, found an article on the topic here:
                              http://www.anandtech.com/systems/showdoc.aspx?i=2780&p=11
                              Last edited by Underheaven; 30.06.2006, 21:31.
                              the modern world:
                              net helpmsg 4006

Comment

yes and no....

The source you give is based on build 5384.4 of vista, which is the actual public build (CPP BETA 2).
                                Anti alliasing (AA) is only present on vista since 5456.5 so AA was not slowing down vista because it was not really "fully" activated in previous vista's.

But its true that when i compared my own 3dmark03 benchmarks between Xp and Vista, I've always had a little less for vista:
                                In xp i get around 9200pts in 3dmark03 and in vista i get around 8000pts.
                                On the other side i benchmarked farcry and:
                                -without AA i run around 43fps
                                -With AA i run around 39fps
                                So don't really feel the difference.

Sure that directx (Between 9.0c & DirectX 10)and AA are slowing down a little at the moment but since 5456 its really getting close to xp. Even faster for some games and better quality for others.
                                And directx and AA are not the only things slowing down the gameplay ( UAP and other security stuff from vista are eating machine resources )Better have 1Go of ram minimum and 2Go is not too much.

Hope i answered your question and thanks for the link!
                                Last edited by sfkilla23; 30.06.2006, 23:29.

Comment

Working...
                                X