• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by VeNoM386
    Ok, thx for information.
    This issue will be worked on.

Comment

• Goooooood Neeeews! I can install 4.03 on Vista x64 beta2

Dear All, I can install Daemontools 4.03 on Windows Vista x64 beta2.

I belive we can install Daemontools x86 ver on Vista x86.

How to install,
      (Information form Microsoft White Papaer

How to Disable Signature Enforcement during Development)

Execute the "Bcdedit.exe set nointegritychecks ON"

-Root Cause
      Current Vista system want Sigunautre of Driver.
      However, Daemontool does not have sigunature.
      Then Windows stop loading the Daemon Tools.

To Support team menber,
      Please add the signature.

Comment

• Hi,
        Have you read the post.... because since the new DT4.03he you don't need to do anything! It works great but only on
        Beta2 (x86 & x64).

But your story might work for Build 5456???
        This one still doesn't work.

I try it out and tell you.
        Stay tuned & thanks for the info.
        http://bsfkillaplace.runboard.com/

Comment

• Integrity Check disable doesn't work for 5456!

Hi again,

Since i prefer to check it out for myself.
          I have a fresh install of 5456, and i applied the BCDedit trick
          and it doesn't work on vista 5456.

Screens: Same result as before!

As i told to " Darkmark ", i don't think its the bcdedit trick that made daemon 4.03 run on your machine. I think its the daemon's update with latest sptd (1.25) that made it work (maybe this is what the latest sptd does?)
          Maybe i'm wrong... Who else as 5456 and wants to test this out.

If anybody as build 5456 of vista like me! Can you please test this bcdedit trick, so we can continue or stop with it.

Thanks all for sharing this and thank you darkmark for letting me hope

Comment

• SPD1.25 was not work on NO BCDedit trick

Hi sfkilla23,

I tried SPD1.25 with out BCDedit.
            I saw loading error on Windows boot up because hash is missmatch.

Then I try the BCDedit trick because Windows does not check the hash on this mode.

It was solved loading error.

I saw your error with Debug kernel mode of F8 option when boot-up.

And I'm so sorry, I did not tried this trick on 5456.
            Microsoft White papare said, This BCDedit is work on earliear version because this is for driver vendor.

To:Support
            Anyway, SPD1.25 was not work on my x64 5384 without BCDedit trick then please add sigunature.

Comment

• I am fairly sure that bcdedit trick will not work with Vista because it is not an issue with the driver integrity, it is an issue with Daemon tools opening the adaptor in "kernel" mode. My guess is that the driver is set to operate in "kernel" mode, while Vista wants it to operate in "user" mode. I have the 5456 build and I can test it, but I am 99% sure it will not work.

Comment

• follow up....

So actually you have more problems than me to make DT run on your vista 5384,
                because i don't need the bcdedit trick to run DT4.03HE latest (probably related to the 64bit version)and you do! Also the trick doesn't work for me in 5456.

I think we should wait a little (its weekend) so more people might try the bcdedit trick on 5456. And we will see than.

PS: In your case, it will be on vista64bit. Unfortunately i only have 32bit systems

Wait and see

Thanks again for replying!
                Last edited by sfkilla23; 08.07.2006, 05:24.

Comment

• Running Vista Beta 2 and have the problem where stpd.sys is detected as not working properly at start and Vista will not load, anyone know how to fix please?

(This is with the newest download)

Edit: Fixed it by clicking "Use Last Known Good Config", guess I'll have to live without Daemon Tools
                  Last edited by Zurtex; 08.07.2006, 11:34.

Comment

• Summary of Beta2 (5384) & Daemon 4.03HE (sptd1.25)

Hi all,

How to:

-Install a fresh copy of Vista Beta 2 build 5384.4
                    -Install Daemon Tools 4.03HE (sptd1.25)

Thats it!

PS: If you already tried anything with earlier daemon tools versions (it can make you fail the installation of the newest daemon).
                    So this is why its better to install a fresh copy of beta2 before trying latest DT.

Untill now, it only works with build 5384 (beta2) and it doesn't work on latest Vista (5456.5).

Comment

• Testing 32-bit Build 5456

Hi sfkilla23

I am also trying desperately to get 4.03HE working in build 5456.

I will just confirm that i tried the BC fix by pressing F8 when starting windows and disable the driver signature check as the document described. I uses the F8 solution to only disable the signature check one boot-time - instead of doing it permanently with the command. But the document says it does the same thing.

The error-message is a little different now, but same problem.

Instead of:
                      Unable to add adapter. Unable to open file in kernel mode.

It now says:
                      Unable to add adapter. Insufficient privileges.

I also tried to disable Windows Defender because i thought at first that this app was the problem as there was an event log (in defender) that said that daemon tools was detected (but not blocked) as an unknown risk. But anyway the problem still exist after disabling windows defender realtime protection - so it must be something else.

There must be some reg-hack or something that can allow daemon tools to lanch properly.

Hope somebody find a solution soon, a lot of people are running the free-to-download build 5384 milestone version. And some of us is running the even newer builds.

Now i just hope ATI soon updates the graphic driver, so i can run TV-Out in theater mode. There is no overlay options in the current ATI driver :-(

But except for Daemon Tools and ATI Overlay issue, it is running pretty good but pretty slow.

Best Regards

goa2goa
                      Denmark

Comment

• hi goa...,

Thanks for telling us your testing. I'm smilling because i went through the same steps as you did. (F8 & bcdedit) but no luck like you say.

I'm just a little afraid for all the vista builds above beta2 (5456 and next) as there are many changes from one vista to the other. This will make it even harder in the futur.
                        But hope is always on my side and i feel confident to make it work on 5456.

PS: If vista is slow on your machine, than you should check your specs. Me its faster than xp in many things already and gaming starts to kick ass with Anti-alliazing.

Thanks for letting us know what you tried.
                        I'm sure the team will take note of it.

If you like vista, look for sfkilla23 here:

and here:

I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!

Stay tuned!

Comment

• A shot for the team

Maybe it can make people think?

screenshot:

I will try to use the 5384 files on build 5456.
                          Maybe its stuppid but its free to try out.

Comment

• Doesn't sound stupid, in fact, it looks a good idea to me (If the files are different ofcourse).
                            CureROM Support Team

Comment

• Originally Posted by FnF
                              Doesn't sound stupid, in fact, it looks a good idea to me (If the files are different ofcourse).
                              Actually it was stupid in this case!
                              Change the sptd from 5384 with the 5456 isn't the problem, Got the proove by trying it. didn't even get a message or what so ever.
                              The problem in 5456 is the SCSi controller installation (kernel error stated above).
                              The bcdedit trick isn't really worth it as i know from Microsoft sources, Bcdedit won't be accessible anymore in the final release! So i wouldn't concentrate on it too much.

Thanks for replying!

Comment

Originally Posted by sfkilla23
                                Maybe it can make people think?

<<screenshot>>
                                The numbers at the end of the one sptd file are random. Nothing really to learn from it.
                                the modern world:
                                net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
                                X