No announcement yet.

Problem while installing DAEMON

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All latest Windows updates installed? Check related thread in common problems and solutions forum then.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
      Check related thread in common problems and solutions forum then (as you were actually supposed to do before posting ).

All latest Windows updates installed? Check related thread in common problems and solutions forum then.
      The "related thread" addresses an incompatibility issue between Daemon Tools and a Windows XP x64 update, and does not mention anything even remotely related to our problem with the restart loop that setup enters. You would have known this had you read our posts:

"didn't help me."

"Then I downloaded the latest 64 bit installer and I have the same problem as the OP."

"I'd like to try uninstalling the patch, but none of the posts I've seen about it (including the one in common problems) describe how to do it."

If you don't have anything to offer besides "check the related thread in common problems" (which is NOT related) why not just stop posting?

Comment

The thread IS related, as the install problem is another symptom of the same patch, due to the so-called kernel patch protection.
        Uninstallation of Windows updates should be done via control panel -> software add/remove; if not present there via their related uninstaller in Windows directory -> related patch folder -> spuninst directory -> spuininst.exe.
        And watch your language - be happy you get free support.
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

jwhicks727 I agree with Copytrooper, you have symptoms of still having that patch installed.
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven
            jwhicks727 I agree with Copytrooper, you have symptoms of still having that patch installed.
            I went to add/remove programs, and the patch was not listed there...furthermore, this happened BEFORE i did any windows update....so no patch could've been installed.

suggestions?

Comment

Working...
            X