No announcement yet.

Finally Installed v4.03 - but it won't autorun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem is obviously not in these keys but in some software that is running on your PC besides SPTD and DT.
    In safe mode it just not starts so all seems ok for you.
    So you need check which software it is in order to isolate this problem.

Comment

Originally Posted by VeNoM386
      The problem is obviously not in these keys but in some software that is running on your PC besides SPTD and DT.
      In safe mode it just not starts so all seems ok for you.
      So you need check which software it is in order to isolate this problem.
      OK - when daemon fails to start in the system event log I get the following message:

This is a log file from Autoruns which details everything which starts (or tries to start) on my PC when booting up.

Any help you can give me to understand what might be causing the conflict would be much appreciated.

Comment

I see F-Secure Gatekeeper listed in your file.
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven
          I see F-Secure Gatekeeper listed in your file.
          errr ... OK .... can you share your thoughts please ?

I said I had f-secure installed in post no 3 of this thread.

It's my anti-virus and firewall, so fairly important to me.

Searching on this forum I only find one thread about someone who could not install with F-secure running.

If there is an issue with f-secure perhaps you could explain ..... please ?

Comment

Actually I may be wrong but I would try to uninstall it and reboot- that would allow you to determine if it is the cause of the problem.
            the modern world:
            net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Ok - how will I determine if f-secure is the cause of my problem - and what exactly are you suggesting I do?

I could de-install f-secure and re-boot. If daemon tools started that wouldn't prove anything - it normally starts half the time .....

So I could try several re-starts (say 5) without f-secure - if I that goes OK then maybe it's the problem - but it's not like I can get by without anti-virus installed.

Is it f-secure that is specifically a problem or all anti-virus?

Or are you suggesting that just de-installing and re-installing f-secure might sort it out?

Can you please clarify?

Comment

Originally Posted by handyandy
                Ok - how will I determine if f-secure is the cause of my problem - and what exactly are you suggesting I do?

I could de-install f-secure and re-boot. If daemon tools started that wouldn't prove anything - it normally starts half the time .....

So I could try several re-starts (say 5) without f-secure - if I that goes OK then maybe it's the problem - but it's not like I can get by without anti-virus installed.

Is it f-secure that is specifically a problem or all anti-virus?

Or are you suggesting that just de-installing and re-installing f-secure might sort it out?

Can you please clarify?
                I would refer to VeNoM386's post above. Your system seems to contain various software that are interferring. "Is it f-secure that is specifically" - I don't know, I'm just trying to help by helping you to identify software on your system. Your test involving uninstalling a program and then rebooting a few times and testing DAEMON Tools seems like an accurate test to me.
                the modern world:
                net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
                X