No announcement yet.

Kb914784

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whee! It works ^^ I copied ntoskrnl.ex_ from original xp CD to c:, then in command prompt I typed 'expand ntoskrnl.ex_ c:\temp' and voilб! There I have a working ntoskrnl.

Comment

Originally Posted by wallu667
      Whee! It works ^^ I copied ntoskrnl.ex_ from original xp CD to c:, then in command prompt I typed 'expand ntoskrnl.ex_ c:\temp' and voilá! There I have a working ntoskrnl.
      Nice work! I was crossing my fingers.
      the modern world:
      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

DT 4.03 X64 Will not install!

Problem: I keep getting messages like "This program will install SCSI Pass Through Direct (STPD) layer on the computer. WARNING - SPTD is not compatible with kernal mode debuggers (SoftICE, WinDBG etc.)! Please cancel setup if you plan to use kernal debuggers on this machine.

Operation System: Microsoft Windows XP X64 Professional Edition.

DT 4.03 for some reason wont install, but if I hit Ok it just reboots. Once its done rebooting I get the installation screen again and it does it all over again and wants another reboot. Other programs that are also affected is Nero 6 and Alcholo 120%. And no I am not running easy cd creator.

I read on the forums and tried everything and it wont install. I even format twice! and still wont install. I am not sure what to do now. Any suggestions?

Comment

Tried this?

Comment

wenn will be released the update with hotfix of this problem?
            i can't deinstall this update so i am really looking forward to the new DT version

Comment

Thanks

Yep that did it. All my programs are working again. Thanks a bunch.

Comment

Originally Posted by Prandr
                wenn will be released the update with hotfix of this problem?
                i can't deinstall this update so i am really looking forward to the new DT version
                You can't deinstall the update? That's almost impossible, surely you're doing something wrong...

Comment

Originally Posted by MoiZie
                  You can't deinstall the update? That's almost impossible, surely you're doing something wrong...
                  Actually, my system becomes unstable when I uninstall that hotfix. My USB ports stop working and I get several other glitches as well.

I am also waiting for the patched DT4

Comment

Working...
                  X