DVD physical drive is completely gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Development View Post
    DAEMON Tools does not interact with physical drives in any way and cannot damage them. If it got broken then there must be other reasons for this. if your power supply burns after insatalling DT will you blame us too?
    I`m not saying the drive is broken, at this point I`d be happy if that would be the case since I would only need to replace it, but he way things look I`m affraid a new drive won`t work neither.
    The thing is, the drve tray opens when I press the eject button, if I put a disc on it, it spins up and tries to read, but nothing else happens; in my opinion the drive is not broken, but the computer can`t see it.
    I`m sure it`s a software and configuration problem, mostly I`m concerned about the BIOS not showing anything.

I never had any issues at all with my laptop, the day I install a software that deals with emulating DVD/CD drives my physical drive stops responding, it would be a tremenous coincidence if it would be unrelated.

Comment

We can assure you DT does not modify anything in BIOS. So you need check there first.

Comment

Originally Posted by Ale_BKK View Post
        I`m not saying the drive is broken, at this point I`d be happy if that would be the case since I would only need to replace it, but he way things look I`m affraid a new drive won`t work neither.
        The thing is, the drve tray opens when I press the eject button, if I put a disc on it, it spins up and tries to read, but nothing else happens; in my opinion the drive is not broken, but the computer can`t see it.
        I`m sure it`s a software and configuration problem, mostly I`m concerned about the BIOS not showing anything.
        I never had any issues at all with my laptop, the day I install a software that deals with emulating DVD/CD drives my physical drive stops responding, it would be a tremenous coincidence if it would be unrelated.
        Even though the DVD drive has power (and responds when you press eject), it may be broken and not communicating with the IDE controller. If BIOS doesn't see your drive, either BIOS is incorrectly configured, the drive is broken or it isn't properly connected. Unless you know you've changed something in BIOS, I wouldn't regard the BIOS configuration as a probable cause of the problem, though.
        Imagination is more important than knowledge. --Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
        X