Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have encountered this problem too.

Originally Posted by Der Kaiser91 View Post
    They're two Japanese games, and ive also tried running my computer on the Japanese code/language settings. They're pretty old and haven't been patched since they last worked.

As for Daemon tools that support .ccd files, i think 4.10 does. I do not have a winXP machine, so thats out of the question. And im not sure that the theory on Daemon being incompatible with .ccd files is correct. Has anyone else encountered such problems?

however my problem is that , i have added the ccd file to daemon, but when i double clik it ...NOTHING happens. mounting or wateva DOESNT OCCUR

Comment

Are ccd files associated to DAEMON Tools ?
      How have you created the image, with CloneCD or ImgBurn ?

Would you please zip the small ccd file and attach it here ?
      I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

I notice that some posts here question the basic compatibility of Daemon Tools with the CCD image file format, while my own recent experience with this has been faultless.

I can honestly state that ".ccd" files work perfectly with DTLite v4.45.4 on my Win7pro_x64 system. I use the CCD format for most of my PS1 game backups, for use with PS1 emulators such as ePSXe and PCSX. A quick check I just made shows that I currently have 106 such disc backups, all of which have been tested to at least launch properly through DTLite (though a few of them have in-game problems with PS1 emulation).

There have been some problems with old versions of Daemon Tools, such as v3.47 which could mount CCD files for normal access, but failed to use the ".SUB" subchannel files correctly. But those problems do not exist in the current versions.

Conclusion:
        Modern versions of DTLite do not have any generic problem with the CCD support, so any problems with images in this format are most likely due to issues with the tools used to make those images, or possibly due to deterioration of the original discs before making the image. (The main motivation for making backups ASAP after acquiring new discs.)

Another thing to consider is that some discs may have had copy protection of a kind which the CCD format is not suitable for backing up. Those backups will then fail to run properly regardless of what mounting utility is used.

Best regards: ra.dlanor (aka: Ronald Andersson)
        Last edited by ra.dlanor; 10.09.2012, 13:37.

Comment

Working...
        X