No announcement yet.

SPTD 1.60 supports all versions of Windows 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for me, best client os from microsoft was windows 2000... did the job, had good support, was nice to debug in...
    my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

Originally Posted by insaint View Post
      People, I have a report that actualy someone did manage to install DT 4.30.3 under Win 7 after the last hotfix from Microsoft and under XP compatibility mode. I will be visiting the person in question in 1 or 2 days and I'll see for myself.

Meanwhile I'll be trying to duplicate the result on one of my machines.
      Any news?

I think somebody else summed the problem up, Daemon tools is the only one to emulate the content protection systems.

Is there any way to burn a dvd whilst keeping these protections? I want to play BF2 and my disk is scratched to shit :-(

Comment

As Iposted earlier someone actualy did manage to install DT under Win 7, but... SPTD still isn't present, so DT doesn't work.

Thanks to some glitch Daemon Tools Lite folder and files did install. And it even looks like it is loading disk images, but actualy it doesn't.

Comment

Originally Posted by insaint View Post
          As Iposted earlier someone actualy did manage to install DT under Win 7, but... SPTD still isn't present, so DT doesn't work.

Thanks to some glitch Daemon Tools Lite folder and files did install. And it even looks like it is loading disk images, but actualy it doesn't.
          There have been some reports that a pre SPTD DT build getting installed ok but with weird side effects. Like un activating W7 being one of them.

Comment

well deactivating is a possibility, considering technically its an addition of new hardware (albeit, its virtual.. windows makes no distinction between the 2)... though i thought that windows activation was a bit more relaxed than that.. vista certaintly is
            my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

Thread closed until a new DT (and SPTD) supports Windows 7. Please don't open a new thread.
              Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
              Peace Through Power

Comment

Sorry ... to reply to this thread. I Know it was closed by admin.

I just want to sharing experience in the installation of daemon tools lite on windows 7, about 2 month ago. I successfully install daemon tools lite version 4.3.4.0027 with STPD version 1.58, when install I change something in services on computer management but I forgot what I changed. Sorry...

Maybe this can help another people who wants to install daemon tools on windows 7 with trial and error.

Comment

As of SPTD 1.60, DAEMON Tools is now fully supported on Windows 7
                  the modern world:
                  net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Did it work even on the x64 version of the build 7600??

Comment

Yes! SPTD 1.60 ensures full Windows 7 support.

Comment

New Information..

Windows 7 Professional Final has been available to students for some time. I am currently running it. When I install the DT Pro evaluation I get errors about running post 2K OS etc. Anyone know why? I assure you this is not a beta win 7.

Comment

What site did you download Windows 7 from? microsoft.com?
                          What kind of error messages do you get? Specify full text or post screenshots.

Comment

Originally Posted by Sway View Post
                            What site did you download Windows 7 from? microsoft.com?
                            What kind of error messages do you get? Specify full text or post screenshots.
                            Sway, I have ultimate from MSDN. I'm not seeing any issues per se. But I do see the below. I had the latest Daemon tools lite installed, then just installed the SPTD 1.6 after. Was I meant to do anything else? Also this is the x64 OS.

Log Name: Application
                            Source: Microsoft-Windows-ApplicationExperienceInfrastructure
                            Date: 21/09/2009 19:58:14
                            Event ID: 1
                            Task Category: None
                            Level: Warning
                            Keywords:
                            User:
                            Computer:
                            Description:
                            The application (Daemon Tools, from vendor DT Soft Ltd.) has the following problem: Daemon Tools is incompatible with this version of Windows. For more information, contact DT Soft Ltd..
                            Event Xml:
                            <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
                            <System>
                            <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-ApplicationExperienceInfrastructure" Guid="{5EC13D8E-4B3F-422E-A7E7-3121A1D90C7A}" />
                            <EventID>1</EventID>
                            <Version>0</Version>
                            <Level>3</Level>
                            <Task>0</Task>
                            <Opcode>2</Opcode>
                            <Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords>
                            <TimeCreated SystemTime="2009-09-21T18:58:14.978515600Z" />
                            <EventRecordID>3609</EventRecordID>
                            <Correlation />
                            <Execution ProcessID="3480" ThreadID="3508" />
                            <Channel>Application</Channel>
                            <Computer> </Computer>
                            <Security UserID="S-1-5-21-2566177698-2048970109-3137220972-1001" />
                            </System>
                            <EventData>
                            <Data Name="DBType">15</Data>
                            <Data Name="AppNameCount">13</Data>
                            <Data Name="AppName">Daemon Tools</Data>
                            <Data Name="VendorNameCount">13</Data>
                            <Data Name="VendorName">DT Soft Ltd.</Data>
                            <Data Name="SummaryCount">103</Data>
                            <Data Name="Summary">Daemon Tools is incompatible with this version of Windows. For more information, contact DT Soft Ltd..</Data>
                            <Data Name="SessionID">1</Data>
                            </EventData>
                            </Event>

Comment

This warning is shown for informational purposes because Windows 7 was in beta stage at the time of DT Lite 4.30.4 release. DT Lite should work well with SPTD 1.60. Do you have any other problems with DT?

Comment

Originally Posted by Sway View Post
                                This warning is shown for informational purposes because Windows 7 was in beta stage at the time of DT Lite 4.30.4 release. DT Lite should work well with SPTD 1.60. Do you have any other problems with DT?
                                Nope, I'm not a power user but it appears to be working fine for me. I just wanted to check that the event I listed was harmless. Install and SPTD update were both seamless!

Comment

Working...
                                X