No announcement yet.

Windows cant see my cd/dvd driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just bad timing. It would be the same if you would stop at a traffic light with your car and then the engine would blow up. You can't blame the traffic light for this issue.

On the right somewhere (depends on which BIOS) is the option to load Fail-Safe settings.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

i had a problem with some drivers on my graphic card and i had to get in safe mode couple of times , after i restarted normally the pc , the missing cd/ dvd drive just apperead from nowhere...
      anyway thx for the help Blazkowicz

Comment

Then somehow it seems you haven't checked the BIOS correctly as graphic drivers don't mess with BIOS or you have a very strange BIOS.
        Anyway, glad it is working.
        Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
        Peace Through Power

Comment

Daemon tools removed my optical drive Gonna try the power button thing - MY DRIVE IS VIEWABLE IN BIOS, but no drives in "My Computer" or "Device Manager" In bios it shows the drive made with DT as "Master" optical, and my actual physical drive (BENQ CD/DVD BURNER) as "Slave" I even changed priority of the physical to 1 and "digital DT drive" to 2, but couldn't set physical as master.

Windows Fixit didn't work, Registry for CD/DVD Rom doesn't have upper or lower filters, Changing the IDE Cable to another slot to make the PC think I put in a new drive did nothing.

Looks like DT screwed me. Google is full of people w/ this problem =/ Everyone has a "different" solution, none worked for me yet.

Comment

Working...
          X