No announcement yet.

Cant create IDE or SCSi drives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please attach/upload a zipped Autoruns arn file (no installation required).

Also, would you please contact the official first-level tech support with reference to this thread:
    Send Message :: Disc-Soft.com
    Last edited by Terramex; 14.09.2011, 10:21.
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

I found the solution to my problem...

After trying just about everything you guys have on troubleshooting guides, I decided to try if Alcohol 120% would work.
      I found out that it wouldn't even install at first, until I stopped the Spybot S&D 'Live Protection' (something I didn't even know was there) that has been integrated in v2. I actually found it by accident trying to completely shut down any protection I have on my system.

After disabling this feature, it installed and worked flawlessly.
      So I decided to try to add a DT virtual SCSI drive, and guess what, it finally stopped begging me to install the SPTD driver.

If anyone else has Spybot S&D v2, the 'Live Protection' feature can be disabled by clicking on 'Live protection' at the top left (inside the blue box) in the Start Center, after which you'll need Admin rights for Vista and 7 (click 'Elevate') and stop the 'Live protection background Service'.

Anyways, thanks for all the help!

Comment

Glad you got it resolved
        Thanks for reporting back your finding.
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Same problem

Hello,

Excuse me for little necroposting.

Im using comodo internet security too, but have it disabled (even disabled defense+, killed cfp.exe and cmdagent.exe), and im having exactly this same problem.

I've tried with SPTD 1.78 and 1.79, they both install fine and install software reports them as installed.

I dont have any other antivirus or security software installed (my windows 7 x64 is clean, installed it yesterday). Apart from acronis true image home without permanent backup thing.

Using Daemon Tools last version trial. Everytime i try to add IDE device, it asks for reinstall SPTD and restart system

Is there any known fix or something? im trying everything.

Thanks,

Comment

I attach log to previous response, what it logs:
            Open DT Pro
            Add IDE virtual unit (DT popups about installing, i cancel the install).
            Close DT Pro.

DAEMONToolsLog.zip

Comment

Nevermind, delete/dont accept my two previous post nor this one :S, fixed disabling defense+ like other user suggested, i dont know why. Ill post if i find a better fix.

Comment

Ok managed to fix it, last post i promise :P, How to run Daemon Tools+SPTD with COMODO:

1- Install it normally
                2- Go to Comodo, Defense +, Defense + Configuration.
                3- Go to execution control tab, and click into "Exclusions/Exclude button", add DT Folder (for example, C:\Program files\Daemon Tools Pro).

It should work perfectly now.

Comment

Working...
                X