DAEMON Tools Pro & Windows 8 !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't call that an issue
    Regarding DT devices it's the same behaviour in Windows 7: http://forum.daemon-tools.cc/f19/saf...re-list-29204/
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

I never had that behaviour in Windows 7 x64 SP1.

Comment

I'm stuck with IDE channels 0 and 2, (one device per IDE channel). The workaround did not work for my case. With 5.1 I saw the bugged devices on those channels after reboot. With 5.2, only devices 0 and 2 are visible anyhow.
        Co-Creator of Akkadia MUD Game Engine Codebase (GPL 1999)
        In /dev/null no one can hear you scream!

Comment

Any support for Daemon Tools Lite? Can I run the latest version under Windows 8?

Comment

Due to some bug in Windows 8 we have decided to limit support for only 2 IDE devices in latest Pro (i.e. one device per channel). Win 7 and before still supports 4.
            This may change though in future Win 8 releases if MS fixes their bugs or if we find some user-friendly workaround.
            What concerns DT Lite it is possible to run under Windows 8 if you install SPTD 1.83 first.

Comment

Considering some of us don't care about the workaround being user-friendly (as in I'm fine with the previous workaround or even more obscure ones) could we enable the previous behavior in any way? (undocumented registry key maybe?) I've had to upgrade my development platform to 8 and this change to vIDE would be quite inconvenient for me (would force me to add/remove SCSI drives continously).

Comment

Dear Nodens,

Could you explain why 2 IDE drives are not enough for you?
                Thank you in advance!

Comment

It has to do with my project workflow that involves loading a lot of images. I actually could use more than 4 but I've settled to 4 so that I can use only vIDE drives (which in turn allows me to run some games from my backup images without me having to remove SCSI controller+drives everytime I want to take a break from work). I understand that my situation is probably niche but if you could leave a backdoor to the old behaviour it would be appreciated. Otherwise I'll have to enable/disable SCSI and vIDE on demand

Comment

Working...
                  X