No announcement yet.

UT2004 No Worky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if it knows that I didn't install the game from the G: drive (the image). Maybe reinstalling the game from the image would fix it? I'm gonna try... BRB

Comment

Bummer, clean install didn't make a difference.

Comment

Sorry for the bad news, but DVD DPM is not yet implemented in Alcohol - you've to wait for a future release.
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Yea sorry about that guys, but on the alcohol fourms they said that they are working on dvd DPM it so it just a matter of time. With all these game being released on dvd do u think that the CD medium will eventually be phased out?

Comment

please use only the latest versions of Alcohol and Daemon Tools!

And deinstall all old Emulation Software (even CloneCD) because those
            software is for sure blacklisted.

Comment

Sorry, I'm still kinda new to all this.

Are we saying that with the DVD version of UT2K4, you can't make it work with DT? Or is it just if you image it with Alcohol?

Comment

You wont be able to make a securom 4.8x/5 imageof the dvd version till they put it in for Alcohol 120%.

Edit: quote from Andrareed

You can try blindwrite 5. It has dvd dpm option and its images can be mounted by dtools.

Comment

Hey hey! Success with Blindwrite!

Thanks so much!

Comment

Your welcome.

Comment

ntjones: You've successfully done it with Blindwrite for the UT2004 DVD??? Please tell me how. Mine still tells me I can't us a backup.... What version and what settings???

Comment

You have to use the latests blindwrite 5. Mind you that this mode is not 100% compatible with all systems till they finalize it.

Comment

No internet games after successful mount.

Operating System: Windows XP Sp1
                          Burning Software: Nero, Alcohol 120%
                          Anti-virus Software: Norton
                          DAEMON Tools Version: 3.46

I saw the new version of DT was relased so I mounted the image of my 6th CD I created with Alcohol 120% and started up the game crossing my fingers. Wouldn't ya know it, it went right in and I was playing single player game without that annoying securom screen.

However, this is the funky really part. I can not play any Internet games. It's not my firewall as I'm fully allowing myself outside to do whatever I wish. Just for sh*ts and giggles, I slapped in the CD (after disabling DT 3.46) and I was able to hop on-line and frag away.

Rebooted, removed CD, turned on DT, mounted image, went in, again I can not play any internet games. It's just hung on "Querying Master Server."

Odd no?? Anyone have any clue why this may be happening?

How are you guys creating the image from the 6th CD to mount via DT anyway? Is Alcohol 120% the only option? Maybe I'm having these issues because I could be using a better app to actually clone my physical CD.

Comment

Did you try the same server on both times with cd and virtual drive. If you can get in the program then there shoudnt be anything wrong. Maybe it was bad server? I have ut2004 and with the cd image i can play online. Weird.

Comment

Actually...

It's not even connecting to the server. I can't even get the listing of game servers when you click the Internet tab when I have it running off the image. I can play on my own server since I know it's IP address, but it looks like my UT has an issue with populating the server listing of open games. Even with filtering removed.

Slap the CD in and poof. ALl of the server listings populate and I can pick and choose my online game. It is weird indeed.

When I get back, I'll attempt to re-create a new image via Alcohol 120% and see if that fixes it. Sorry to sound like such a n00b, but I downloaded and installed BlindWrite as well (newest version). How do I use it? It doesn't seem to install any applications. Of course I should just RTFM... :lol:

Comment

ut2004

Operating System: win XP home sp1
                                Burning Software: nero, Alcohol
                                Anti-virus Software: NORTON
                                DAEMON Tools Version: 3.46

I was able to get my CD version to work when I copy it at 1X speed in alcohol ( latest Version) with securerom 4.0/5.0. I also used daemon 3.46 to mount the image. I use a plextor 48X writer.
                                I'm able to play online with it also.

I have not had a problem yet. ( And no the cd is not in the tray )

Comment

Working...
                                X