Stealth drives not showing up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stealth drives not showing up.

Ok, I read all the topics about this problem. It seems that windows isn't loading the proper inf and pnf files for the cd-rom. But nobody posted a way to resolving this. I don't understand why anyone would say "Oh it's because windows isn't loading the right drivers" and not offer a solution!!! Can someone please tell me how to fix this. I get an error saying "Unit is locked" whenever I try to unmount an image. And when I check the driver details in device manager, it seems like its missing two files: cdrom.sys and redbook.sys. How can this problem be rectified?
    Hell Awaits.

If you've read all the other topics about this, why was it necessary to create yet another topic for this? You could as well have answered to the previous posts...

People, PLEASE help keeping the forum a tidy place...

Sergei
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

I created a new topic because this is problem that has not been fixed and that many people are experiencing. Oh, and thanks for nothing by the way.
      Hell Awaits.

Comment

Instead of complaining you should give us more info about your system - cpu, board, ram, hdd, cd/dvd/-rw-drives, SCSI/RAID-Controllers ... and the software, e.g. virus scanners, firewalls, other cd-recording software (Roxio Easy Coaster Creator, WinOffCD and stuff like that) youґve installed.
        And there is no solution to this strange problem as we do not know why it is happening! Daemon Tools is tested on all MS OSs by a group of beta testers, I am testing it with Win95b, Win98SE and Win2k SP3 - nothing like this has ever happend to me ... same goes for disappearing cd-drives ... but this usually happens because of some other crappy drivers ... so we have to figure out what is the problem on YOUR system - so we will find a solution.
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

OK here goes:

WinXP Pro
          AMD XP 2400+
          512 DDR RAM
          Some Mobo (ASUS, forgot the model)
          GeForce 4 Ti4400
          Maxtor 60GB 7200rpm
          Sony DVD 16x
          HP cd-writer 8200
          No SCSI or RAID.
          no virus scanners.
          no firewall.
          CloneCD.
          ISOBUSTER.
          Never installed roxio ez cd creator.
          It actually worked fine before on my previous PC, but after I installed my new processor, mobo and RAM this happened. So it must be processor, mobo, or RAM related. I will check the name of the mobo that I have and post it here when I have the chance.

Edit: The motherboard's name is A7V333. And After installing the new components I reformatted my HD, so any previously installed software should have no effect on the system.
          Hell Awaits.

Comment

The fix to this problem was given hundreds of times - install driver for CDROM manually by selecting standard CDROM device in cdrom.inf!

Comment

Well I did a search for cdrom.inf and I couldnt find it on my HD. It would be nice if you can decribe the solution more clearly. By the way during the installation windows detects a new scsi contoller called ST324KJ SCSI controller and it asks me whether I want to install it or not. I tell it to install the SCSI controller and Daemon continues installing afterwards. In the Device manager the only SCSI controller I have is the ST324KJ, but at my friends house the one he has is called Virtual Daemon SCSI contoller.
              Hell Awaits.

Comment

In previous versions the Daemon Tools controller was named "Virtual Daemon SCSI Controller" but some suckers of copy protection developers decided to blacklist all devices connected to the "Virtual Daemon SCSI Controller" so the name is changed from version to version in a combination of letters and numbers - no chance for blacklisting this stupid way anymore ... unfortunately they do not stop this idiotic blacklisting stuff :evil:
                Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
                They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

OK, so can someone tell me how to install the cd-rom manually by using the cdron.inf when I don't even know where that inf file is?
                  Hell Awaits.

Comment

cdrom.inf is distributed with OS and should be present in WINDOWS\INF folder.

Comment

win xp, no sp1
                      p4 2.26
                      IBM 80 gig IDE 7200 RPM
                      liteon 24x16x49 burner
                      liteon 16x dvd rom
                      512 ddr ram
                      geforce 4 mx 420
                      usein clone cd
                      no firewall
                      no virus scanner

ya i got the same problem and i dont understand how to install it manuely, can u be more specific please? :roll:

Comment

cmon does anyone know?

Comment

Update drive for CDROM like any other device. I don't understand what is the problem? Look in properties of virtual CDROM in Device Manager.

Comment

updating the driver for the stealth through the device manger doesnt work..... ive tryed it many times, but i was wandering how to select standard cd drive in the cdrom.inf

Comment

What you mean by 'does not work'? When it asks for INF file browse to cdrom.inf. You may specify WINDOWS\INF folder manually in the search path of driver.

Comment

Working...
                              X