Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Device setup error: code 25057 (0x61E1), 2 (0x2). Contact your support personnel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same problem.

Device setup error: code 25057. I tried editing my boot.ini as per your instructions to no avail. My specs follow:

Windows XP Professional Edition (32 bit)
    AMD Athlon XP 2500+
    1.50GB of Ram
    Nvidia Gforce 6800gt

If you need more info let me know. Thanks much : ).

-Andy

(p.s. This problem occurs when trying to install v3.47. I get a similar(?) error when installing v4.09 X86, namely an "Internal Setup Error.")

Comment

Hmm..

Ok, thought I posted this once, maybe Im just retarded. So if this is on here twice, sorry.

Anyway, I am getting that same error (25057) when installing and I am only using a 32 bit processor. Everyone else I can find who had this problem was using 64. But, I tried turning off my DEP anyway, as per your instructions, to no avail. This is when installing v.3.47. I get a similar error when attempting to install v.4.09, that is, an Internal Setup Error. I don't know which is easier to get to work, but I'm not picky : P. Thanks for your help.

-Andy

Comment

Dear Admin
        Iґm sorry for my english but iґm from Germany and a helpless women...

The same Error code: 25057, but i also donґt know where the boot ini is and what to do with
        PLEASE can you explain it?

Thanks IQ.

Comment

Oh man...

Now i found my boot ini and switch it like you describe... but nothing changes... I have an AMD Athlon 3700+ and iґm also using a win 32 System...
          I really need Deamon tools and iґm sad that i canґt use it!!!!
          Thanks the Lady from germany

Comment

Don't use obsolete Daemon Tools version, it is not supported anymore.
            Try v4.09.1, install SPTD layer v1.50 first:
            Need to mount or create an image? DAEMON Tools software is here at your service. Choose from laconic Lite, powerful Ultra or old but gold Pro and try for free.

Then run Daemon Tools installer after reboot.
            Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
            They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

i have windows xp professional............. could some1 plz tell me how i can find boot.ini and modify it...........

Comment

Start->run
                Code:
                attrib -r -s -h -a c:\boot.ini
                c:\boot.ini
                attrib +r +s +h +a c:\boot.ini

Comment

i did wat u told me korn, but nothing happened
                  i did start->run and then that attrib- thing and then opened boot.ini and then manually changed optin to alwaysoff and then did the attrib+ thing............. am still getting the code 25057 error on installation..............

Comment

After you modify the boot.ini file, you need to restart Windows for the effect.

Comment

Working...
                    X