Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unable to add adapter. Device problem 12.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried the same thing, reassigning the controller to a different location and it just resets and brings up 10 error messages all over again...

I suppose we have to either wait for them to fix this, or find a solution on our own, right now. Though, I've tried everything I know and that hasn't helped too much ().

Comment

same

Having the same issues as the rest who posted. Using a Standard PC set
      AMD Barton XP 3000+
      RAM 1GB, 2 Crucible 512MB Duel Channel
      MOBO Asus A7N8X deluxe
      BIOS Phoenix v6
      OS WinXP Pro 5.1 SP2
      2 SCSI SATA 120G WD & SATA 36G WD
      1 IDE Maxtor 40G
      DVD/CD Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-105, Asus CD

This may help but in the UNINSTALLATION (Manual): step 3. Delete 'PnP BIOS Extension' - If you unsure whether to delete it, goto the driver tab and click driver details, then check the version of the driver (should be same version as your DAEMON Tools).

My version is 3.47 not 4.00 or what ever it should be. Also the IRQ is set to 00. Which is not good either. Hope this helps

РкRпЗ РrеЗх

Comment

It doesn`t work... =(

Comment

HERE is the soulution and works 100%.

Cheers

All living things must come to an end And all man's creations crumble That is the law of the samurai

Comment

Hm... I`ll wait until some solution without reinstall appear.

Comment

great answer Seven - all of us already know that 'standard pc' is causing the problems.
              but reinstalling windows shouldn't be the only solution (at least it isn't for me)

Comment

Wow the solution isnt that bad as I though But, Ive reinstall XP or just put there XP Install Disc and somewhere in Device Manager change the setting to ACPI Procesor??

Comment

Originally Posted by Seven
                  HERE is the soulution and works 100%.

Cheers

http://www2.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/t78...stall-dt4.html
                  We realize this works... I am NOT going to format my hard drive just so I can use d-tools 4.0. It should work anyways. I also just formatted a month ago. I am not spending 3-6 hours reinstalling 50+ games and apps.

Comment

It's just a shame that we have to reinstall Windows and lose everything...

Perhaps a simple update on the part of the D-Tools team would fix this instead...hint hint
                    Last edited by Intamin; 07.12.2005, 21:52.

Comment

Originally Posted by Dafko
                      Wow the solution isnt that bad as I though But, Ive reinstall XP or just put there XP Install Disc and somewhere in Device Manager change the setting to ACPI Procesor??
                      Really really bad idea. Unless you want to screw up your install and have a forced format. Most people that have tried this ended up getting constant BSOD.

Comment

Originally Posted by Intamin
                        It's just a shame that we have to reinstall Windows and lose everything...

Perhaps a simple update on the part of the D-Tools team would fix this instead...hint hint
                        you don't have to reinstall windows from scratch. All you have to do is activate ACPI on the BIOS then insert the windows xp cd and it will ask u if u want to make a new installation or repair the old one, just choose repair the old one and it will work.

it worked for me.

Also if u got a problem with sptd "system file error" all u have to do is uninstall the starforce drivers. that's all

Comment

Ok, everything's great, but I don't have any opitions connected with ACPI in my bios. So the only thing I can do is to wait for DT team to solve this problem. Bit frustrating...

Comment

Same here,don't have anything like ACPI in bios

Comment

Likewise, and what I meant to specify, juanm, is that I don't have anything in my bios about ACPI, so I'd have to reinstall or whatever.

It's cool though, I'll just play FEAR until they fix this.

Comment

Are u sure u checked well?
                                there must be something called ACPI (IPCA in some MOBOs) in the "Power Management" menu, almost all MOBOs have ACPI so it would be weird yours don't have it.

Comment

Working...
                                X