Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unable to add adapter. Device problem 12.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Bergdoktor
    great answer Seven - all of us already know that 'standard pc' is causing the problems.
    but reinstalling windows shouldn't be the only solution (at least it isn't for me)
    It's better than nothing ! It's your choice. I think i made a good choice doing that because now everything works great.
    All living things must come to an end And all man's creations crumble That is the law of the samurai

Comment

juanm: Yeah, I'm pretty sure that I don't have any ACPI, ICPA or other stuff, though I'll check it again when I return from work.

Comment

HA! Of course it works great, Seven, you reinstalled windows...

Yeah, juanm, I'm a dork, I do have ACPI in the BIOS, but i'm still not screwing with it.

Comment

You won't screw up if u activate ACPI, however if u activate ACPI with windows already installed of course it won't work because the devices are already installed without ACPI. So if u "repair" your installation of Windows it will now detect ACPI and will ONLY install the devices with ACPI without touching your other stuff

Comment

reinstall XP

i followed the instruction Seven suggested, but it didnt work. i reinstalled WinXP and pressed F6 when XP told me to do, but there was no response. Then i pressed F2, and XP told me to insert a floppy disk.( i have no floppy driver) The installation went on with no list to choose acpi as you said. What is the problem?

BTW:I have SATA disk & amd cpu. Conequently, i used a version of WinXP with SATA drivers added.
            Sorry for my poor Engilish 2.

Comment

Hehe xD

I`d changed this ACPI option in BIOS and the install new system - I didn`t lose my files, but when I`m switching on computer, it ask me to choose system. On first I have "Standart PC", on second "ACPI etc.". So everything works ^^

Comment

Does anyone know what does mean when you have in bios under ACPI option two choises-S1 and S3.What does that mean?

Comment

vaskea: as far as i know u should choose S1 because this is the standby version of ACPI

lupin: you don't have to press F6 just activate ACPI in the BIOS and reinstall or repair windows, ACPI should be detected automatically

Comment

Originally Posted by juanm
                    vaskea: as far as i know u should choose S1 because this is the standby version of ACPI

lupin: you don't have to press F6 just activate ACPI in the BIOS and reinstall or repair windows, ACPI should be detected automatically
                    i chose S1(POS) in submenu 'ACPI Standby state' of BIOS, and i reinstalled WinXP. But there was still no list for me to choose ACPI while installing. When are ACPI supposed to be detected? Before or after the agreement license? Before or after copying system files from Winxp disc to harddisk?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Lupin
                      i chose S1(POS) in submenu 'ACPI Standby state' of BIOS, and i reinstalled WinXP. But there was still no list for me to choose ACPI while installing. When are ACPI supposed to be detected? Before or after the agreement license? Before or after copying system files from Winxp disc to harddisk?
                      I would also like to know answer to this question

Comment

• you don't have to select ACPI from a list. ACPI will be recognized since the windows installer loads the files. You don't have to select ACPI from a list because this is the way the devices are installed. I mean if u have ACPI enabled but windows don't install the files with ACPI then it would be unstable, so is like an obligation to windows to install the devices with ACPI.

Just install windows with ACPI enabed, let the installation finish and u will see results.

Comment

• I cannot use ACPI, because it groups my audio card with EVERYTHING else & I need it separate. The fix is to switch to Standard PC, which I just did.

Anything else I can do?

Comment

• Hi everyone.
                            XPSP2+last update
                            When installing v4 deamon tools get the message device problem 12. From your post has heard that problem in invalid IRQ.
                            In biose function ASPI was enabled but in device manager was standard pc
                            Reinstall windows not for me, so i repaired windows with boot cd
                            After this in device manager appeared ASPI Uniprocessor PC.
                            BUT as soon as I began installation dt4 again happened new shit
                            "This program will install SCSI Through Direct (SPTD) layer on your computer.
                            Waarning - SPTD is not compatible with kernel mode debuggers (soft-ice,Windbg etc.!)

Then I continue and I get the System file error"

in detail this is described here

further I have done following:
                            1.Remove all starforce driver here
                            2. Reboot to save mode, while rebooting to save mode Press ESC on any sptd* driver loads
                            3.Remove sptd driver from device manager (hidden device)
                            4.Go to ../system32/drivers/ and delete any sptd* files
                            5.Open registy editor and search for "sptd", when found - delete. but some sptd-thing can is not deleted (not terribly beside me)
                            6. Reboot to normal mode.
                            7. Run Install. Reboot.
                            8. Finish install, have fun

I think problem in both events one and the same , what that anti-pirate protection... not the most best
                            excuse me for my english

Comment

• Thats a good post Jorik; I wish it worked for me. I tried doing a 2nd installation of XP just to see if I could get a different HAL setup without any problems. Choosing either of the ACPI options over my default MPS Uni results in complete system shutdown after a few seconds.

Back to playing the waiting game. :wink:

Comment

• i bet u had alcohol 120% installed, if this is your case then uninstall it for a while because it will reinstall stpd everytime u restart windows (as far as i know)

i did have this problem with stpd, this is what i did.

1- Uninstall Alcohol 120% (if installed) (you don't need to delete stpd because it is uninstalled along with Alcohol)
                                2- Delete StarForce drivers
                                3- Install Daemon Tools v4
                                4- Install Alcohol 120%
                                5- Enjoy!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X