Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unable to add adapter. Device problem 12.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really hope it doesn't take a year for a totally new update like it did from 3.47 to 4.0...

Please help someone! Bah!

Comment

• it works fine

Originally Posted by juanm
      you don't have to select ACPI from a list. ACPI will be recognized since the windows installer loads the files. You don't have to select ACPI from a list because this is the way the devices are installed. I mean if u have ACPI enabled but windows don't install the files with ACPI then it would be unstable, so is like an obligation to windows to install the devices with ACPI.

Just install windows with ACPI enabed, let the installation finish and u will see results.
      it works fine. thx so much. i just finished Prince of Persia:T2T and restored the system i ghosted before installation.

Comment

• Hmm.. I seem to recall in windows xp that hardware configurations (or at least the "basic configuration" presets) could be changed manually in the registry?

If the problem is simply the virtual device wanting to camp on an invalid IRQ but xp in all its infinite wisdom believes us too stupid to be trusted with configuring devices manually wouldnt forcibly changing its irq and IO range be a possible solution?

Comment

• Cant device configurations or at least the "basic configuration" presets be altered in the registry?

If its just a matter of setting it to a valid IRQ and IO range then reinstalling windows seems rather drastic.

Comment

• DT Team, can you give us some information about when or if this problem will be solved ? It's a shame that so many people can't use DT without reinstalling Win.

Comment

• ant the reintallalation doesn't help for everyone

Comment

• I also have prob 12 , reinstalled win xp pro but i only have 2 options : pc comp and other, no acpi uniprocessor or anything else.acpi enabled in bios.
                anyone got a clue why?

Comment

• Same problem here on "Standard" XP

And I can not install XP as "ACPI" as my system is not ACPI compatible - that is why I had to install it as "Standard" PC in the first place... :-/

Comment

• I had the same problem, i fixed it this way :

in the device manager, line "computer" i had both ""PC ACPI Uniprocesseur" and "PC Standart". I update "PC ACPI Uniprocesseur" driver > Install from a list or specific location > Don't search, I will choose the driver to install > "PC а interface de configuration et d'énergie avancée (ACPI)'". (sorry i'm french)

Now DT4 runs and POP3 too

Comment

• new version, same problem

Comment

• yeah, the problem remains, but DT says
                        RAID-Bugs fixed

Comment

• Hey boys,AMAZING.Trick from aegis is 100% functional.
                          Go to System>device manager.
                          Select computer and doubleclick.You see two drivers.
                          1,blablabla acpi(MPS)
                          2,Standatd PC

Select Standart PC and update drivers.Select dont connect to win update > User choose driver ( second option ) > dont search,a i will choose from list a select Standart PC again.
                          After update first driver.Update have same way as driver two,but only one change,u must select driver "Personal Computer with interface ACPI".
                          Restart.
                          A now start deamon a go play

Sorry for my bad english.Iam czech.
                          BTW-Name in drivers can be a little othergates.

Comment

• Czoggy thanks for the suggestion, but most of us already knew you could change the standard pc to acpi-mode and get daemon tools working.
                            but changing the mode on a running windows installation might quite well mess up your device manager and force you to re-install windows. so some people (like me) are still waiting for the DT-Team to fix this particular issue.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Bergdoktor
                              Czoggy thanks for the suggestion, but most of us already knew you could change the standard pc to acpi-mode and get daemon tools working.
                              but changing the mode on a running windows installation might quite well mess up your device manager and force you to re-install windows. so some people (like me) are still waiting for the DT-Team to fix this particular issue.
                              Try it,make backup,if you found any problem,restore system.

Comment

• I think the problem goes a little deeper than that CZoggy. But we appreciate the help.

Comment

Working...
                                X