Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unable to add adapter. Device problem 12.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• idem

Same problem for me with standard PC... Waiting too... Please DT team

Comment

• It's still a buggy software.
      Where there is a will , there is a way .

Comment

• Same problem here. I installed Windows XP Home SP2 and selected Acpi Uniprosessor. Now d-tools 4 works fine.

Comment

• same prob help me out

Hi

I am having problems installing dt4. I install it and it tells me to restart. After the comp restarts I get 2 error messages:
          unable to add adapter device problem 12 and
          The device SCSI/RAID Host Controller cannot be stopped right now. Try stopping this device later.
          When I check in device manager the SCSI/RAID controller has an exclamation mark. When I troubleshoot it tells me that the controller has not enough free resources as it is conflicting with STANDARD PC and SYSTEM TIMER.

I am trying to install Prince of Persia the two thrones so I need daemon tools v4 for it to work. Can anyone tell me how I can solve this problem without having to format the computer or if I can use daemon tools v 3.7 or any other program for pop ttt to work without having to uplug physically the drives????

I have windows XP professional 5.1 Service Pack 2.

I would appreciate any help or any daemon tools 4 update to fix this problem ( seems a lot of people are having this problem). Thanks dt team.

Comment

• The problem with error 12 is that it is INDEED not enough resources on your computer. DT4 requires real I/O range and shareable interrupt to work properly - same error you may get if you will try to insert some real hardware expansion board that requires interrupt.
            We will think about workaround for this problem.

Comment

• Originally Posted by VeNoM386
              The problem with error 12 is that it is INDEED not enough resources on your computer. DT4 requires real I/O range and shareable interrupt to work properly - same error you may get if you will try to insert some real hardware expansion board that requires interrupt.
              We will think about workaround for this problem.
              Thanks very much for that. It would be very nice if someone find some workaround, because some people need to use standard pc (pro audio apps).
              Thanks DT team for that great program.

Comment

• Great to hear Venom! Thanks for caring.

Comment

• 10xs venom...suggestions??any1?

10xs venom. any suggestions on what can do to play pop t2t without using dt v.4.0??

i am using dt v.3.7 and sf cure, i unplug the drives but it is teeling me that the cd key does not correspond to the disc!!
                  i have tried everything i can think of so if any1 could explain to me step by step it would be appreciated.

Any suggestions?? 10xs ppl

Comment

• Thats odd Venom. Considering I only have a video card, onboard LAN/Sound/USB, 1 CDROM, and 1 Harddrive it seems like I should have more than enough resources to go around. I often think to myself if I could run DT4 on a Win98 machine and force a interrupt & memory range that everything would work. Unfortunately, WinXP was made by control freaks.

Comment

• what about vista? has anyone who is having trouble installing DT4 on win xp tries to install it on vista beta?

Comment

• _OutrageousBoy_, don't double post. The forums are moderated which is why your posts don't show up immediately.
                        "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

• this is it

ACPI Uniprocessor PC should i change it into standard PC Daemon tool shoud have to find a problem of this situation

Comment

• same problem with my computer. I want to play POP3

It appears that the interrupt DT uses has been used by System timer & Standard PC. So changing standard pc to APCI PC can fix the problem. But I really don't want to reinstall my system!

Comment

• Well, here's how it's gonna go:

1. They either fix this...or

2. The price of POP3 and KK will go down so much it won't be worth the wait.

Let's hope it's the former...!!!

Comment

• Hey Venom,

I've been trying to Break XP's HAL for years. This "bug" does it just fine! I was wondering... can you PM me with the particulars about how this is happening? I personally would really love to move my USB drivers away from the video cards IRQ ... or the sound from Video.. what ever Windows decides to do. I've got my PC on Standard PC mode and I cant change a thing.

This is the ONLY tool that seems to allow me to allocate my resources... and even though you've got 14 pages of complaints...

I for 1, realize that what you really have here is a Diamond in the Ruff...

Seriously.. if you dont PM me or email me... think about what you REALLY got here!

Comment

Working...
                                X