No announcement yet.

starforce emulation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You missed out the anomaly of running x64 with a nForce 3 based motherboard and using Daemon Tools 4x to emulate all copyprotections in their entirity.

Just to recap, I merely mount a StarForce 3x, SecuROM 7x or a SafeDisc 4x protected image and the games load without any additional utilities, unplugging or "fiddling" with anything.
    Last edited by ManMountain; 03.12.2005, 02:16.

Comment

Originally Posted by ManMountain
      You missed out the anomaly of running x64 with a nForce 3 based motherboard and using Daemon Tools 4x to emulate all copyprotections in their entirity.

Just to recap, I merely mount a StarForce 3x, SecuROM 7x or a SafeDisc 4x protected image and the games load without any additional utilities, unplugging or "fiddling" with anything.
      How did you install the starforce drivers in windowx x64?

Comment

Originally Posted by freeze_man
        How did you install the starforce drivers in windowx x64?
        StarForce x64 support is included with version 3.5 and up.

So by installing a modern StarForce protected game, which includes 64-bit driver support, for example Peter Jacksons King Kong, installs StarForce 3.6.10.6, which fully supports x64.

For those StarForce games that are protected with version's prior to 3.5, it's down to the publishers to update their software to support the newer 64-bit supporting StarForce drivers.

Take for example, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. It absolutely will not work in x64 until they (the publishers) update their game to support the new 64-bit copy-protection. I won't hold my breath for that to happen ..
        Last edited by ManMountain; 03.12.2005, 04:14.

Comment

my cdrom and harddrive are on different IDE channels.. i disabled node disabled cd disablednode. but it still didnt work..
          i think unpluggin is the last option

i was trying on brian lara cricket 2005

Comment

Working...
          X