X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vax347b.sys fix

The problem is Alcohol 120%

1. Start Windows in Safe Mode.
    2. Search for vax347b.sys or go to Windows\System32\Drivers\vax347b.sys. There should be another file with vax347 in the name.
    3. Delete the above files.
    4. Restart windows and uninstall Alcohol 120, or just reinstall it.

Comment

Well , you have now one more guy who has problems with D4 : me ! I decided to finally upgrade my Daemon Tools yesterday so I downloaded the version 4.0.3 . But after the installation , when I reboot , my PC also hangs up before the Windows Xp loading screen ; I have a blue screen talking about sptd.sys . So I do know how to make my computer start again (by erasing the sptd files in safe mode) but now the problem is : my Daemon Tools doesn't work anymore and though I need it badly ! So if anyone could help us all it would be great , I need to use Daemon or Alcohol (which , by the way , doesn't work either : same sptd problem) .

Originally Posted by 0600Zulu
      sptd.sys fix (hopefully)

After tinkering around with ideas in the forums and having no success, I just started messing around. After a (long) while, I figured out a way to fix the problem, and would like to see if it is successful for anyone else.

SPTD FIX:

That links to a short page I made with steps to address the problem.

Hope this works
      Actually I tried this , but unfortunately it didn't work My PC still bugs when I reboot and I'm unable to use it without deleting sptd files as well . So I can't use D-Tools . Please help us .

Comment

Do you have minidump related to that BSOD (in Windows\Minidump folder)? If so send newest file to support@daemon-tools.cc with reference to your post in this thread.
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

I couldn't get Alcohol or Daemon Tools working as I mentioned on p5. I managed to get Alcohol working but haven't tried DT yet.
          Downloaded the latest Alcohol which gave an error (it also fixed the incomplete Alcohol installation). I looked the error up and was directed to the NVidia site with two downloads to change reg settings and the second download worked for me.
          This was mentioned before in post #53.

Still no DT but I'll count my blessings.

Comment

sptd.sys fix (hopefully)

After tinkering around with ideas in the forums and having no success, I just started messing around. After a (long) while, I figured out a way to fix the problem, and would like to see if it is successful for anyone else.

SPTD FIX:

http://www.kkaf.net/sptdfix.htm

That links to a short page I made with steps to address the problem.

Hope this works
            Well, 0600Zulu... I haven't rebooted yet, but without a reboot I got my Daemon Tools up and running. That's all I needed so that I'm good at the next LAN party! I don't know how much time you put into figuring this out, but I am very appreciative of your help. You're awesome!

Comment

new info

I'm using Windows XP x64 and I'm experiencing the same problem with hanging up just before going to log in screen.

The strange thing is, that I tried to instal VD4. All was OK, no problems with using. After reboot computer hangs up with black screen. I choosed "last known good configuration" and system was back all right.

So I tried to install VD4 again, and immediately uninstall it. After reboot it worked fine. It continued loading all programs (NOD32 etc.) and then hang up again. But with no black screen. The cursor was not moving, only hdd led was blinking.

I also noticed, that the CPU fan rises to max rpm during the hanging up.

Maybe this will help...

Comment

I tried EVERYTHING now, no chance of getting it fixed for me yet. It's so damn annoying
                Verachte mich, verehre mich, dazwischen ist kein Platz!

Comment

For everyone who was unable to get it working using this possible fix:

I've updated the page to now include:

Remove/rename dtscsi.sys. This seems to also contribute to the problem before attempting this fix.

If people who continued to have the problem did not remove/rename dtscsi.sys, retry the fix.

If you removed dtscsi.sys and the computer still hanged after rebooting, check to make sure DT worked before rebooting (step 6). If it did, make sure you unmount DT before rebooting. If this fixes the hang, just make sure you unmount before rebooting your computer anytime.

Thanks to Armin T. for bringing this up the dtscsi problem. During my fix I deleted dtscsi.sys, but wasn't sure if it was a contributing factor.

Hope this helps

Comment

For everyone who was unable to get it working using this possible fix:

I've updated the page to now include:

Remove/rename dtscsi.sys. This seems to also contribute to the problem before attempting this fix.

If people who continued to have the problem did not remove/rename dtscsi.sys, retry the fix.

If you removed dtscsi.sys and the computer still hanged after rebooting, check to make sure DT worked before rebooting (step 6). If it did, make sure you unmount DT before rebooting. If this fixes the hang, just make sure you unmount before rebooting your computer anytime.

Thanks to Armin T. for bringing this up the dtscsi problem. During my fix I deleted dtscsi.sys, but wasn't sure if it was a contributing factor.

Hope this helps
                    I may have found a fix for the sptd.sys problems associated with Daemon Tools.

Here are the revised steps to fix the problem (note: I went through a lot more
                    than this to get it to work. However I believe these are the only relevant steps
                    to solving the problem)

1. Completely remove Daemon Tools and sptd associations:
                    * Uninstall Daemon Tools (this includes renaming/removing dtscsi.sys)
                    * Delete sptd.sys and sptdxxxx.sys (xxxx=some number)
                    * Delete all registry entries associated with sptd (registry search)

2. Reboot, then install the latest version of Daemon Tools:
                    * Before rebooting the computer to complete the installation, rename scsiport.sys
                    to something else, just DON'T DELETE IT (I found that without scsiport.sys in its
                    proper place, the system doesn't hang on sptd.sys

3. When the computer starts back up and the installation completes Daemon Tools
                    should come up with an error saying something along the lines of 'virtual device
                    driver not found' and Daemon won't start

4. Open your device manager and verify that "SCSI/RAID Host Controller" has an error
                    (a little yellow '!'). If it does not, contact me (through forums or otherwise)

5. Correct the name of your scsiport.sys

6. Return to the device manager
                    * Disable "SCSI/RAID Host Controller"
                    * Re-enable "SCSI/RAID Host Controller"

7. Start Daemon Tools, it should function without error

8. Reboot to verify the computer doesn't hang

UPDATE: It seems there may be a problem with leaving images mounted in Daemon Tools.
                    As a temporary precaution, unmount all images in DT before shutting down/restarting
                    your computer. Thanks to Armin T. for bringing this and dtscsi to my attention

If these steps do not fix the problem, don't hesitate to leave a message on the forums or
                    contact me.

-Karl
                    0600Zulu

karl.hachmuth <at> gmail.com
                    Hi,

I got issues with daemontools 4.03 x64 , too.
                    Finally I managed it to work.
                    I didn't had STOP errors or BSOD's.
                    I simply wasn't able to reinstall/upgrade/repair a broken DT installation. An WinXP upgrade from eval to retail x64 edition was the cause of the messed install.

Please read here the related threads:
                    Unable to add adapter. Device problem 12.

SCSI/RAID Probleme mit DT 4.03 nach WinXP upgrade x64 eval -> x64 retail (Sorry German, but with a lot of related screenshots):

I managed it this way, slightly different to http://www.kkaf.net/sptdfix.htm:

Download SPDTinst(xARCH).exe from the download section where ARCH is either 86 or 64, depends on your OS.
                    1. Completely remove Daemon Tools and sptd associations:

* Uninstall Daemon Tools
                      * Reboot into safe mode, press ESC when message sth. like "To interrupt load of SPDT.SYS Press ESC" appears.
                      * login as a user with root privilege
                      * Say YES to the popup message, to confirm that you want to work in safe mode.
                      * In Start > Run type cmd and press ok.
                      * with cd path_where_SPDTinst(xARCH).exe_is_stored change to that directory.
                      * Type SPDTinst(xARCH).exe remove and follow the instructions
                      * Reboot into safe mode again and type into start > run regedit. Search for all spdt.sys "Daemon Tools" and dtscsi.sys entries and delete all of them. You may not be able to delete all entries. If that happens delete as much of the affected tree as you can do. This may happen twice to spdt.
                      * Start (Win+E) Explorer and go to %systemroot%\system32\drivers . Find spdt.sys and rename it to spdt.s_s. Find also dtscsi.sys and rename it to dtscsi.s_s.

2. * Reboot into safe mode and install spdt.sys with SPDTinst(xARCH).exe add. Follow the instructions.

3. * Reboot into normal mode and install Daemontools (I changed the installpath from c:\Program Files (86)\Daemon Tools to c:\Program Files\Daemon Tools).
                      I think this is one of the most important part:
                      UNCHECK "Start Daemontools"!

4. * Reboot into SAFE mode, DON'T press ESC when SPDT.SYS message appears!
                      * Start Daemontools in safe mode manually:
                      Start > Programs > Daemon Tools > Daemon Tools
                      * The daemontools tray icon appears, and daemontools are running, without the popping "Found new hardware Wizard"!!

5. * Reboot into normal mode. voilа!!

Sorry for the over detailed number 1.

Before that I tried everything else, but nothing helped.
                    • At least it was NOT neccessary to rename sptdxxxx.sys (which is not a driver by DTcc) or scsiport.sys (by M$).
                    • And it was NOT necessary to Disable/Reenable SCSI/RAID Host Controllers (eg. sil3114)!
                    • It was not necessary to control the yellow exclamation mark in the device manager.

I think the most important parts in short are
                    1. Uninstall daemontools and spdt with the uninstall tools. Then search and replace the registry to get completely rid of wrecked dt.
                    2. Search and rename spdt.sys and dtscsi.sys in safemode without spdt.sys loaded. Reboot into safe mode.
                    3. (Re)Install spdt in safe mode.
                    4. Start in normal mode and install daemontools WITHOUT start dt after installation. UNCHECK "start dt now"!
                    5. Start daemontools in safe mode.
                    6. Reboot

I hope this adresses also the BSOD and Stop errors.

I think one should be able to figure out which tasks of the steps above we could drop.

regards

Floogy
                    Last edited by floogy; 14.03.2006, 18:38.

Comment

Originally Posted by d3ejmz
                      What I did when I had a "turn off kernel debugger" message was open My Computer Properties, click the advanced tab, click the startup and recovery setting button, and change the option for system core dump to [none]. Then I rebooted and Voila!
                      I had this problem as well, and it worked for me too
                      Good job!

I recommand stcking it, so everyone with that problem will look at it
                      Last edited by Skeith; 16.03.2006, 18:43.

Comment

Blonde Moment

Ok blonde moment but..
                        Win 64bit.
                        Yes. Empire at War
                        Yes Curerom someversion

XP Hangs on boot screen

Tried Save Mode, Previous Last known Configuration etc etc,... no use...
                        Gets to the Press Esc to Cancel SPTD.sys.
                        Press Esc and it hangs,.. dont it hangs.

Help...
                        How do i get in to remove it. made a system disc with wifes normal XPsp2 machine but cant get access to the harddrive
                        What am I doing wrong.
                        Please help tearing my hair out

Comment

Boot with your Windows cd into recovery console, log on to the Windows installation (requires administrator password), change dir (cd) to Windows\System32\Drivers directory, and rename sptd.sys and dtscsi.sys, then reboot and check if it solves the issue.
                          Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
                          They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Same here

I also have the same problem.
                            Normal machine , No changes except that I wanted to install the latest DT version. Al always gives the same effect. Unbootable machine like the others in this thread.
                            After repairing the sptd.sys , the old DT works fine.
                            Tried several DT versions now. nogo. Also tries to uninstall Alcohol, but no change.

Help

Comment

My problem

Hello everybody

I had used DAEMON TOOLS for 2 years now. When I installed it last month the Windows freezing problem accured. The only difference from the other posts that I have read is that my laptop boots up to the desktop. My laptop freezes when the DAEMON manager icon gets visible. My CPU usage goos to 100 % and I can almost do nothing anymore.

Here some of the things I tried:
                              uninstall DAEMON in safe mode
                              delete sptd.sys and dtscsi.sys file
                              delete all register entries of sptd.
                              disabled the minidump service
                              reinstalled sptd
                              reinstalled DAEMON
                              start DAEMON for the first time in safe mode
                              start DAEMON for the first time in normal mode.
                              renamed scsiport.sys
                              disabled the SCSI/RAID driver and reanabled it.
                              searching the whole internet (almost) and tryed everything

I did this things in different order and tried every combination. also the fix of 0600Zulu, but it all had no result. Can someone tell me something I did fergot or email me? Please help!

Greetings
                              (sorry for the bad English)

Comment

Originally Posted by Lef
                                Hello everybody

I had used DAEMON TOOLS for 2 years now. When I installed it last month the Windows freezing problem accured. The only difference from the other posts that I have read is that my laptop boots up to the desktop. My laptop freezes when the DAEMON manager icon gets visible. My CPU usage goos to 100 % and I can almost do nothing anymore.

Here some of the things I tried:
                                uninstall DAEMON in safe mode
                                delete sptd.sys and dtscsi.sys file
                                delete all register entries of sptd.
                                disabled the minidump service
                                reinstalled sptd
                                reinstalled DAEMON
                                start DAEMON for the first time in safe mode
                                start DAEMON for the first time in normal mode.
                                renamed scsiport.sys
                                disabled the SCSI/RAID driver and reanabled it.
                                searching the whole internet (almost) and tryed everything

I did this things in different order and tried every combination. also the fix of 0600Zulu, but it all had no result. Can someone tell me something I did fergot or email me? Please help!

Greetings
                                (sorry for the bad English)
                                same issiu but on my fresh installed win xp sp2 without anything else, daemon is the first program I tryed to installed. windows boots to desktop and then hangs, responds very slow, services.exe uses 99% of the proc. Could it be a windows problem on my laptop with windows sp1 there are no problems

Comment

Working...
                                X