• Show
Clear All

• Sway
    replied
    Describe your problem more detailed.

Leave a comment:

• fwhoover
    replied
    I have used DT for 6 years I believe and no problem ever till the last update and nothing but trouble. I am going back to V3.x

I am very disappointed, Why a update that isn't stable?

Leave a comment:

• thedoctor
    replied
    Concerning a problem with lags at installations and small loading on system. Puzzled 3 days, has touched all possible variants, thought business in gland. It was necessary to put the one kernels processor and all became clear. Obvious problem SPTD of the driver, including last version 1.59, in work with 4 kernels processors. In my case it is percents Q9450, on a network it is a lot of messages on a similar problem, I look in a profile - at all 4 kernels. The exit one - while to use emulators of CD/DVD which do not use sptd the driver, and it VirtualDrive, UltraISO, with them system works perfectly. I hope to a bug soon fix.

Leave a comment:

• TomCC
    replied
    Conflict with WD MyBook

I have a problem with system hanging before login (again, at the aforementioned point of loading STPD) when Daemon Tools (so far the current and the version from last Decembre) is installed AND the external hard drive is connected via FireWire.

No problems occur when the hard drive is connected via USB, but that's just stupid. I can get them both to work together by connecting the hard drive after booting up, but since my computer and the drive is in another room, the constant running is getting stupid, too.

Maybe it's me who's stupid, but has anybody had similar problems with external drives+DT?

Leave a comment:

• Rainaer
    replied
    I'm having a similar problem.. however, I cannot boot into any version of windows to uninstall the software. I used my Win boot disk to boot into recovery mode and removed sptd.sys from the c:\windows\system32\drivers directory, yet my computer still will not boot.

Any thoughts?

I realy do not want to have to perform a complete wipe and reinstall everything.

I cannot find any copies of sptdxxxx.sys in the drivers directory or any of the other files I've seen mentioned in other posts. I can't boot windows so I can't edit the registry. and I cannot install the newest drivers...

thoughts ?? suggestions ??

Leave a comment:

• warrior_
    replied
    Originally Posted by simgirl View Post
    After I rebooted the computer to finish installing DT, the computer hangs right after I log in. I am able to boot the computer fine into safe mode and last known good configuration. Any ideas on what I can try to fix my problem? I'm running XP.
    I face a similar problem. Uninstalling and reinstalling both in Safe Mode resolves this issue.

Leave a comment:

• Sailor Dark
    replied
    I unstalled DT successfully about 2 months ago. It was conflicting with my computer and was causing me to tear my hair out fixing the problems. But I realized that I had given away quite a few of my cds because I thought I wouldn't need them anymore so I recently tried to install DT 1.5. First reboot, I recieved a BSOD. So I said ok, I'll just uninstall it in safe mode like I did before. Tried that, BSOD. I have tried pressing ESC to cancel loading SPTD and not pressing ESC. The only boot method that allows me to log onto windows is debugging mode, but after maybe 1 min or so the computer will hang forever; or at least for 24 hours that's how long I let it sit there last time. Does anyone know how I can get back to using my computer. The BSOD doesn't automatically restart and the message on it is:

STOP: 0x0000007e (0xc0000005, 0xF7491E36, 0xF797BFAO, 0xF797BC9C)

sptd.sys - address F7491E36 base at F745A000, DATESTAMP 4676f56f

Does anyone have any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• Jito463
    replied
    Originally Posted by kwfine View Post
    I have WinFast PX8400 GS TDH(NVIDIA) (512MB).
    That's your video card, not your motherboard chipset.

Leave a comment:

• kwfine
    replied
    Originally Posted by Christoph_vW View Post
    I figured out why my system always hangs when trying to load sptd.sys.
    my config:
    nVidia nForce 4 Chipset (driver ver. 6.69)
    S-ATA II Harddisk
    daemon-tools 4.03 x64
    The problem is Native Command Queuing - after disabling it daemon-tools works just fine.
    http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/n...i=&p_topview=1
    I am sorry, but I just don't know how to disbale [Native Command Queuing].
    I have WinFast PX8400 GS TDH(NVIDIA) (512MB).

Leave a comment:

• kitekrazy
    replied
    So are these type of problems related to systems with SATA drives?

Leave a comment:

• Jito463
    replied
    Uninstall and remove all traces of 3.46, then download the standalone SPTD 1.5 and install it. Then install 4.09.1 again.

Leave a comment:

• simgirl
    replied
    I just downloaded the latest version of DT which includes SPTD1.43. I had DT version 3.46 installed. When I downloaded the latest version and started the installer, it asked me if I wanted to upgrade DT. I did have an image mounted before I did the upgrade. After I rebooted the computer to finish installing DT, the computer hangs right after I log in. I am able to boot the computer fine into safe mode and last known good configuration. Any ideas on what I can try to fix my problem? I'm running XP.

Leave a comment:

• kao
    replied
    Well i was having the same problem with DT and the sptd.sys system hang at boot. Since i had a Norton ghost backup that didn't have deamon tools on it since i recently reinstalled, i restored my backup image. Then when i was ready to install DT i went to http://www.duplexsecure.com/ to download the latest sptd version and rebooted my computer.

Everything booted up fine. So i went to install daemon tools and made sure it does not start up with windows. Now everything works fine.

Leave a comment:

• thebigostate
    replied
    i need some urgent help! please

ok. here's the deal. recently i uninstalled daemon tools not knowing what awaited. i didnt have anymore use for it so i got rid of the program. upon trying to rebot my computer, i had the problem metioned so many times by the people on this thread. my computer would get to the boot screen and then hang. after attempting to restart it in safe mode with no success, i had a friend of mine remove my SATA hard drive and put it into his computer. we removed the sptd.sys file but after that didnt work we replaced it. when trying to boot in safe mode and escaping out of the sptd.sys load, i got the blue screen and an automatic restart. we couldnt access my registry through his computer and therefore couldnt delete any of the files. i was wondering how each of you got the chance to delete these files and boot up your computer. i joined this forum just because of this specific problem. please help!

Leave a comment:

• Jito463
    replied
    According to a Google search, aegisP.sys is a IEEE 802.1X Protocol Driver by Meetinghouse Data Communications.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X