DT 4.08 + PerfectDisk 8.0 on Vista

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT 4.08 + PerfectDisk 8.0 on Vista

Sorry if this ends up posting more than once, but the first time I posted it did not show up.

Yes, I know there was a thread about this months ago and it was said 4.06 fixed the incompatibility. Well, apparently not on Vista.

When flag a drive for offline defragmentation and reboot, I don't get a PerfectDisk screen at all. I've sat and waited for a few minutes, and other than the hard drive activity light blinking a bit, nothing happens. I'm staring at a blank screen, so I don't know if the drive is defragmenting or what. After doing a hard reset, the offline defragmentation flag is gone in PerfectDisk. I'm not sure what PD thinks happened. Anyone have any ideas?

DuplexSecure has SPTD 1.42 available, will that work with DT?

----
    Daemon Tools 4.08 x86 w/ SPTD 1.39
    PerfectDisk 8.0 (build 63)
    Vista Ultimate 32-bit

edit by admin: Please do not post more than once. The forums are moderated which is why your posts don't show up immediately.

Please try SPTD layer 1.43:
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

It turns out I had SPTD 1.42 installed. I thought I had uninstalled it and reinstalled 1.39. I did that just now, and flagged a 40 GB partition for offline defragmentation at reboot. I get a black screen, but apparently PD is actually performing the defragmentation during that time. After a couple of minutes, it rebooted automatically and the flag was gone in PD.

I think the reason it sat there for so long the last time I tried it was because I had also flagged my 250 GB drive for offline defragmentation. That takes a bit longer, of course.

So in conclusion, the only problem is with PD not displaying anything while it performs the offline defragmentation and does not seem to conflict with SPTD.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. I'm sure that will be helpful information for others.

Comment

I'm having the same problem with PD 8.0 and SPDT 1.43 running an offline defrag under Vista Ultimate 32 bit.

Nothing is being defraged. This can easily be seen by analyzing my drive when my machine reboots and I see my system files are still as fragmented as before.

I had the same sort of problem with PD 8.0 running under XP until a newer version of SPDT came out to address this issue.

However under Vista it is not fixed.

Comment

same here... SPDT 1.45beta. Possible driver conflict when I want an offline defrag.
            Carpe diem

Comment

Did some more playing around and the reason I was not seeing the normal PD stuff during the boot process was because I used that trick to get the Aurora bootscreen instead of the normal run. You know, checking off 'No GUI Boot' in the Boot section of System Configuration.

Evidently messages are suppressed when using this option. Even so, the defrag works OK even with the Aurora boot screen. You just don't see anything. I went back to the normal boot screen. Don't want to miss anything else.

Comment

So that's what it is? I also have the No GUI Boot flag set. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                X