Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone noticed how optimized these games are?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone noticed how optimized these games are?

Well the demo is out for Devil May Cry 4, the actual game will be out on July 9th here in the USA and retail for $39.99.

On the Demo I can get between 15 and 25 FPS with it only dipping as low as 10 FPS on intense screens on low settings/resolution.

This is pretty good considering how old my hardware is, not to mention that even games in the past few years that have came out which are visually inferior run much worse than the demo for DMC4 did.

Assassins Creed is another great running game for older hardware.

My specs aren't even anything special:

AMD64 X 2 3800+ @ 2.0 Ghz processor, 1 gig of DDR2 ram, and a Geforce 6150LE.

Wouldn't you say that is quite good considering how old and low end my hardware is?
    Xtemulation - Emulation News and Downloads
    Xtemulation Forums - Emulation Support

i'd say with a bit more ram you might get a bigger boost in performance, especially with the games you mention... and maybe upgrading the video card couldn't hurt either... i got a geforce 8400 (256mb ram) for about 30 euro at the weekend, then discovered the old pc i was upgrading was a fecking agp, and not pcie.. so its sitting here gathering dust...
    my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

Originally Posted by evlncrn8 View Post
      i'd say with a bit more ram you might get a bigger boost in performance, especially with the games you mention... and maybe upgrading the video card couldn't hurt either... i got a geforce 8400 (256mb ram) for about 30 euro at the weekend, then discovered the old pc i was upgrading was a fecking agp, and not pcie.. so its sitting here gathering dust...
      I agree, however I have a crap OEM HP Slimline pc which doesn't have room for any additional hardware and no PCI-e/AGP expansion slots.

I however have plans of building myself a nice gaming pc when I get the money. Probably a Core2Quad Q6600/Core2Duo E8400/E8500, 2 gigs a DDR2 ram and a Geforce 9600GT.
      Xtemulation - Emulation News and Downloads
      Xtemulation Forums - Emulation Support

Comment

Originally Posted by evlncrn8 View Post
        ....then Discovered The Old Pc I Was Upgrading Was A Fecking Agp, And Not Pcie.. So Its Sitting Here Gathering Dust...

loooooool

SCNR

Comment

Working...
        X