Latest ATAPY.SYS for Windows XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest ATAPY.SYS for Windows XP

Does anybody know where the latest version of ATAPI.SYS for Windows XP can be found?; I have been getting filesystem corruption problems for some time when powering down the system or when it enters suspend or hibernation status, so I downloaded the fix Q331958 that should deal with such problems (only for ATAPI, not SATA devices, of course), but this is still a no go; it happens less often than before but it's still there. The version of the fix is 5.1.2600.1135, but I know that there are more recent versions (at least from mid 2003) that I haven't been able to find.

By the way, what kind of word filters are you using?, I got a strange message about warez,... when trying to post this.

Word filter checks for "downloaded".

As for atapi.sys, you should uninstall dtools, reboot, then install new atapi.sys, then reinstall dtools.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, but please read the post, what I'm asking is for a link to the latest ATAPI.SYS for XP update (or just the file alone), because I don't want to download a full XP2 beta package just for one file. The latest version should be 5.1.2600.1211 or newer.

Comment

in reply of course

everyone has to get these bulky service packs.
        Asking for direct links to dll files is dangerous especially for proprietry components.
        If you wanna legally risk yer ass make a link for everyone else because your the only one asking.
        COPY PROTECTION IS AGAINST THE RIGHTSOF ALL.

Comment

Working...
        X