Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody versed in the latest spyware?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Anybody versed in the latest spyware?

    Mind pointing me towards the latest CoolWebSearch fix? This thing's bugging the crap out of me...

    Windows XP: Home Edition; Service Pack 2
    Athlon XP 2000+
    1.67 GHz, 512 MB of RAM
    GeForce4 MX 440

  • #2
    Tsk tsk, running Internet Explorer and/or Lookout Express WITH administrator privileges? Man, I don't want to sound nasty but you really had it coming..

    The only FINAL solution is:



    Also, it's a very good practise never to do everyday tasks like surfing the web with an Administrator account!

    Only use the super user account for system maintenance like updating drivers and a regular user for *everything* else.

    I assume you have scanned your machine with latest Ad-Aware and Spybot Search & Destroy and they didn't help?

    Here's an info page about Coolwebsearch, I hope it helps.. this piece of spyware seems very hard to remove, so could you revert back a restore point or two?

    Diese Website steht zum Verkauf! spywareinfo.com ist Ihre erste und beste Informationsquelle über spywareinfo. Hier finden Sie auch weitere interessante Links. Wir hoffen, dass Sie bei Ihrer Suche erfolgreich sind!
    Win2k3 & OSX Intel, 2GB DDR400 P4 2.6@3.55 H2O, 7800 GTX @480/1250 H2O, 1x74GB Raptor, 8x400GB RAID5

    Comment


    • #3
      Indeed. Thanks alot.

      Funnyest thing: This thing came about when I ran Notepad.exe and nothing seemed to happen (doh!)

      ...and the administrator thing can't be helped. This is a family computer, and unfortunately everything doesn't go the way I'd like it to.

      Music is shared, .exe files are opened behind my back, and I have a little sister who doesn't want to give up administrator privelages. It's anarchy!
      Windows XP: Home Edition; Service Pack 2
      Athlon XP 2000+
      1.67 GHz, 512 MB of RAM
      GeForce4 MX 440

      Comment


      • #4
        lol , if I were u , I'd reinstal my whole system :mrgreen:

        Comment


        • #5
          AdAware detects files installed by Daemon Tools as CoolWebSearch

          Hi,

          i'm a bit worried cause AdAware just found some critical objects. They are characterized as CWS (CoolWebSearch).

          Fortunately i have a very tight system and i dont go to sites which will infiltrate ur pc w/ CWS and other parasites.

          Since i log all my installations i also checked the Daemon Tool log. And to my surprise those files marked as CWS have been dropped by Daemon.

          e.g.
          wbemess.log

          ?????

          Anything i need to worry about?

          Please clear out that confusion.

          Greetings
          GermanKraut77

          Comment


          • #6
            which files are dropped by daemon that your scanner tags as Adware?

            Comment


            • #7
              solution

              The best solution we be to discontinue using Internet Pieceofcraplorer. Use Mozilla Firefox.

              Comment

              Working...
              X