No announcement yet.

This is pretty off-topic but..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think if you're a vegan, you don't eat cheese, since it's derived from an animal. They can only eat products that come from plants.

Comment

Well, veggie cheese as in using a blend of products (and some of the varieties *do* have tofu in them) as opposed to culturing milk products directly.

Bluehost - Top rated web hosting provider - Free 1 click installs For blogs, shopping carts, and more. Get a free domain name, real NON-outsourced 24/7 support, and superior speed. web hosting provider php hosting cheap web hosting, Web hosting, domain names, front page hosting, email hosting. We offer affordable hosting, web hosting provider business web hosting, ecommerce hosting, unix hosting. Phone support available, Free Domain, and Free Setup.

and I *do* love tofu...but I am not a vegetarian - I just *like* trying new shi...stuff.
      Last edited by johngalt; 04.11.2005, 03:35.
      http://www.calendarofupdates.com | http://sevenforums.com

sigpic

Comment

Posting about "imitation cheese" in a cheese thread, how dare you?!?

Comment

Originally Posted by johngalt
          Well, veggie cheese as in using a blend of products (and some of the varieties *do* have tofu in them) as opposed to culturing milk products directly.

Bluehost - Top rated web hosting provider - Free 1 click installs For blogs, shopping carts, and more. Get a free domain name, real NON-outsourced 24/7 support, and superior speed. web hosting provider php hosting cheap web hosting, Web hosting, domain names, front page hosting, email hosting. We offer affordable hosting, web hosting provider business web hosting, ecommerce hosting, unix hosting. Phone support available, Free Domain, and Free Setup.

and I *do* love tofu...but I am not a vegetarian - I just *like* trying new shi...stuff.
          Thanks Ill have to see if I can find any of them at the SuperMarket... vegie cheese sound intresting... as for tofu I dont like it that much, Cant realy stand the taste.

Comment

re: Tofu:

The great thing about it is that it can be cooked in just about any manner that you choose. Being of Indian origin (both my parents emigrated to the US in the late 60s) we have a particular type of cheese, called Paneer in Hindi, that is used a lot in various dishes - recently I have started using firm tofu that I cut into cube-like pieces and pre-fry before adding it to the dishes - and the taste *and* consistency is almost identical of the Paneer (I believe that Paneer is made either from ricotta cheese, or for the real DIYs,made by making the cheese from milk at home, extracting the water out from it and then cutting it and frying it).

But I have also found different types of Tofu as well - soft Tofu is rather runny and has the consistency of runny eggs, and I cook it with Rice to simulate Chinese style rice with eggs and veggies. Also, there is another company that makes a ready to eat Tofu snack, called Pete's something or other - I'll check and see if there is a website / link for their products - but their Tofu is cooked with spices and herbs, and then sealed and refrigerated, with a variety of styles, and each style has its own special sauce - My favorite is the Lemon Pepper variety.

EDIT: Added the following
            The link to the last product I mentioned is http://www.petestofu.com/English/new_t2g.cfm
            http://www.calendarofupdates.com | http://sevenforums.com

sigpic

Comment

Originally Posted by Sizu
              Well like...cheese on pizza is ok. But cheddar cheese for one...HOLY cow that terrifies me. Cheetoes? Stay away.

I have nightmares of people with Cheetoes fingers stretching to touch me....ARGHHHH! Macaroni and cheese is pretty scary too. Argh.
              I totaly agree! I think cheetoes are the scariest things god has created since smelly women and Pizza, on the other hand, the most PERFECT things apart from... you know... girls (as long as they are pretty and nice)
              A women is like a hurricane, it start wet and heavy and when it's over you've lost your house

Comment

Talk about deviating from the original subject!
                Sa...omai shidai da na.

Comment

Originally Posted by Sizu
                  Talk about deviating from the original subject!
                  Yes, we have deviated to relaiting cheese to woman.... hmmm that might not be a bad combination, eating cheese off woman... *yells to female friend to bring cheese*

Comment

Nothing beats FETA cheese. Being greek I get to it eat it almost every other day too LOL! Family would disown me if they saw me eating American cheese. They moved me to the U.S. Go Figure!

Bow down to Feta!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by Xristaki
                      Bow down to Feta!!!!!!!!!!
                      lol

For the others: Feta is cheese made from sheep milk, rather than cow milk. It's white, not yellow, and can be soft or hard.

About tofu: is this the same "tofu" that guy in Initial D was delivering each morning? (A Japanese Anime series.)
                      To contact me privately, pray. I might answer.

Comment

oh and one more thing, if any of you in the U.S are interested in Feta cheese make sure you get the imported kind made in a barrel. The domestic one tastes like garbage compared to it.

Comment

I LOVE Cheese. Can't live without it.
                          I hate brocoli.

Comment

Originally Posted by Nikos
                            About tofu: is this the same "tofu" that guy in Initial D was delivering each morning? (A Japanese Anime series.)
                            Yes, Yes, it is what tak delivers every morning in the AE86.

Comment

Originally Posted by Xristaki
                              oh and one more thing, if any of you in the U.S are interested in Feta cheese make sure you get the imported kind made in a barrel. The domestic one tastes like garbage compared to it.
                              any recomendation on importers?

Comment

well here in the U.S the only place I could find imported feta is from a traditional greek supermarket. here in Chicago theres a lot of them due to the high population of greeks living here so others might not be as lucky.

Comment

Working...
                                X