Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DT Pro - Can be bought in shop???

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DT Pro - Can be bought in shop???

    Will I be able to buy "DAEMON Tools Pro" in a shop or for example at amazon.de??? Or can you just download DT Pro here on the site and have to register after test periode???
    I heard that DT4 will be for free and DT Pro will cost! How much will it cost approximately?

    MontyBurns1985

  • #2
    As far as I know, you'll only be able to buy Daemon Tools via share*it. You'll get to the order form by clicking the Register DAEMON Tools button.

    The current version of Daemon Tools costs $15.95, I assume that DTv4 will cost the same. Daemon Tools Pro will probably be more expensive, however you can buy Daemon Tools now and you will get DT Pro v1 as a free upgrade.
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally Posted by NetSoerfer
      The current version of Daemon Tools costs $15.95, I assume that DTv4 will cost the same. Daemon Tools Pro will probably be more expensive, however you can buy Daemon Tools now and you will get DT Pro v1 as a free upgrade.
      I'm getting confused here, you say that you can buy Daemon Tools now for $15.95 and you will get DT Pro too.
      But you also say that DT Pro will probably be more expensive. Will they increase the cost of DT Pro later or what?
      Please explain.

      Comment


      • #4
        Daemon Tools Pro will probably be more expensive

        This really is for NetSoerfer to reply, but I'll but in.

        There is no explanation at all. Its just a guess Methadon. He italiced the word assume. I have seen other people on this forum make the same guess a few months ago. If you want to know why this makes sense, think of new cars. Aren't they usually more expensive than the new cars offered the year before? Explaining an assumption like this could be impossible so I'll just shut up and hope I didn't make things more muddled.

        p.s. I agree with NetSoerfer (but don't quote me on it because both NetSoerfer and I could be guessing wrong )
        Underheaven
        New User
        Last edited by Underheaven; 07.11.2005, 19:22.
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally Posted by Methadon
          I'm getting confused here, you say that you can buy Daemon Tools now for $15.95 and you will get DT Pro too.
          But you also say that DT Pro will probably be more expensive. Will they increase the cost of DT Pro later or what?
          Please explain.
          Methadon what he means is that if you register the current version of Daemon Tools ($15.95) now you will recieve DT4 and DT Pro for free later on. Locutusof Borg has stated before that the price of DT Pro has not been decided and can very well change before the release date. This means that any users who haven't registered before the new DT release may have to pay more on release date.

          Comment


          • #6
            Thanks for the explanations, even if you (Underhraven) says that there are no explanation at all.
            I just misunderstood a couple of things, but now I understand.

            Comment


            • #7
              Nero 7 is $99.99 !!

              p.s. Here's a good example. I wanted to go back and edit my original post but this is a busy discussion. Nero 4,5,6 all came with my cd-rom drives but check out the price for Nero 7 on amazon.com its $99.99 discounted to 79.99. It's also 79.99 on Ahead's website.

              Soaring prices like that make me feel lucky so pay less. And also when I see low gas prices at the pump - the feeling that it's too good to be true and it's short lived
              Underheaven
              New User
              Last edited by Underheaven; 07.11.2005, 19:30.
              the modern world:
              net helpmsg 4006

              Comment


              • #8
                If you have a look at the Register DAEMON Tools page you'll notice the following sentence:
                Registering allows you to use ALL future versions of DAEMON Tools!
                If you bought (or buy) DTv3, that statement (...ALL future versions...) entitles you to use DTPro as well. This will remain true vor DTv4 too until DTPro is released.

                DTv3 costs $15.95; having the same features, DTv4 will probably cost the same. DTPro offers a lot more features so it'll probably be more expensive.

                So if you buy DTv3 now (or DTv4 before DTPro is released) you'll get a license for DTPro with it, all for $15.95. If you wait until DTPro is released, you'll get DTv4 for $15.95 (again, that's just an assumed price!), but you'll have to pay more to get DTPro.

                By the way, I have no idea if the price for DTPro will differ whether you're using it for private or commercial purposes.
                "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally Posted by Underheaven
                  but check out the price for Nero 7 on amazon.com its $99.99 discounted to 79.99. It's also 79.99 on Ahead's website.
                  In Germany you could by it in "Saturn" and "Media Markt" for 53 Euro or 56.
                  Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    DT 1.0 pro will not cost more than 15.99, because DT4 will cost 15.99 and you will get DT1.0 pro free if you buy DTV4, or DTV3 whitch is also 15.99

                    EDIT: I just read this is not necessarily true, sorry
                    Last edited by stile; 07.11.2005, 22:10.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Buy not buy, mambo jumbo, 15, 16...20, 55, 100 bucks!!!! eerrgghhh. If you want the damn "thing" because it rocks you'll pay the price. And for the "15$ before release date, and after release..." this is all supositions. It's exactly like the past questions for DT4 release date. Nothing is certain, but we here, because the lack of sleep, make these supositions. Wait people untill the right time, and they'll take your money,....and gladly.
                      Peace out there!
                      So, mother goose has been messin' around in your egg salad, huh kid?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Anybody else confused?????

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally Posted by al1uk
                          Anybody else confused?????
                          I was, but not anymore.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally Posted by Methadon
                            I was, but not anymore.
                            heh, why would you care your going to get DTv4 pro for free anyways, hehe so of course your not confused...

                            Ill be registered in a day hopefully....

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I was under the impression that registering atm was to support the developers or to buy it if you are in an organisation (where you have DT v3 installed on multiple machines), also registering will get you every Pro version ever released.
                              DT v4 (as far as I know) is free

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X