Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will it slow my computer ??

Hi,

Sorry to ask a naive question, but does the number of virtual drives and mounted images I have open affect the performance of my computer ?

Is it wise to have 3 or 4 mounted images open even if I'm not using them, or should I close all images and disable all drives every time I'm done ??

Thanks a lot,
    Andrew... :-)

Kinda naive, yes

If you're using a PII 300 with 128MB of RAM and windows 2000 you may notice something... like comp being a lil' slower from times to times, but nothing more.

If you have a correct comp (Athlon XP 1800+ f.e.) you won't notice anything...
    Carpe diem

Comment

The only thing you'll notice is that each virtual device will consume 512kB RAM - that's it.
      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Wow, Thanks for both your responses.

I have two computers, a PIII Laptop (Where I notice everything) and a P4 3.2 Desktop (That I have only begun to use).

But knowing that it only uses 512k per drive is inspiring, now I can start planning the day with I turn on my Desktop, and ALL my CD Images will be quietly mounted in the background ready for use. LOL..... Ahhhh, the simple things that amuse :-)

Thanks again.

P.S. From naive to well versed in virtual drive RAM consumption in 3 days.

Comment

Originally Posted by ajdedo
          Thanks again.
          You're welcome

Originally Posted by ajdedo
          P.S. From naive to well versed in virtual drive RAM consumption in 3 days.
          Welcome in our realm
          Carpe diem

Comment

Working...
          X