Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Daemon-Tools V 4.03 function without sptd installed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Daemon-Tools V 4.03 function without sptd installed?

I was wondering if I installed daemon-tools 4.03 again, if it would still function properly, if I Uninstalled the sptd, with the sptdinst_x86 Exe.

I am asking this, because D-tools v4.xx works properly, to let me play silent hill 4, and alot of my other games, without the need to use an extr program, such as virtual Cd Hide. I am also asking this, and I have been able to narrow the problem down and figure out it's the sptd layer, that is indeed causing problems with my system, for example, with it installed, I have problems with my comp, and when I uninstall it everything is fine, and no problem.

So all I need to know is, can daemon-tools v4.03 function properly without the sptd layer? Thanks a bunch, if you can give me an answer
    Xtemulation - Emulation News and Downloads
    Xtemulation Forums - Emulation Support

No, Daemon Tools v4.0x will NOT work without sptd layer.
    What kind of problems do you have anyway?
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
      No, Daemon Tools v4.0x will NOT work without sptd layer.
      What kind of problems do you have anyway?
      Well my Problems are, that with sptd installed, windows boot screen takes longer to appear, and load windows, with sptd uninstalled, it works fine, Sometimes I'll be doing something, and my compter will reboot out of the blue, I don't get bsod's though, but those are my two main Prob's with sptd installed, that's why I now use D-Tools v3.47, instead of 4.0x, and don't have those problems with v3.47 installed. I wan't to use 4.03 so I don't have to use virtual cd hide to play my games, my games do not contain the latest copy protections, like safedisc 4, or securom 7.xx, and I don't buy any games with starforce on them. So the latest D-tools eliminates the need to use virtual cd hide, which I like.

Sorry to be a bother, I was Just wondering if D-Tools would work without sptd layer, now I know it won't.
      Btw, what is the sptd layer used for anyways? I've been wondering this for quite a while, since D-tools 4.00 came out, thanks a bunch, if you can let me know
      Xtemulation - Emulation News and Downloads
      Xtemulation Forums - Emulation Support

Comment

Do you have any minidumps available (in Windows\Minidump folder) related to those crahses? If so send them (unpacked) to support@daemon-tools.cc with reference to this thread.

SPTD layer offers certain advantages e.g. in image access, thus Daemon Tools is using it.
        But indeed you don't need to use v4.0x if v3.47 works ok with the programs/games you use.
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
        X