X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just for french people :
    A quick start guide has been made here

by the way, if discprowler want to translate his program in another language, i ll be pleased to make the french translation

Comment

English should be enough for that tool as you only have to click on one or two buttons.
      Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
      Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by mbf-4 View Post
        Could you inform in this thread if it will be fixed, ok?
        Check attachment.
        Attached Files
        Peace Through Power

Comment

Hmmmm, this version also don't work for me... wtf?

Comment

i know that feeling .. personally im not going to use this even if it is fixed, its destructive, has no undo and polls the drives far far too many times (presumably to find new drives, but it could do that from windows messaging)... the gui is also unresponsive at times.. im really surprised its being promoted by dt in its current state.. for me, i'll use syk0's new tool, which (surprise surprise) isn't destructive (has undo feature) and is considerably smaller and reliable (just like most of the tools he's released)...

/me kicks DTE to the recycle bin
            my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

Syk0's new tool? Did I miss something?

Comment

im sure he'll announce it soon, it was just 'born' today afaik

Comment

There is no need for an undo feature as it will be undone by Windows on next start.
                  Also i guess sYk0's new tool is destructive like YASU is atm.
                  And i can bet new tool will be blacklisted very soon (especially since it has mostly no protection) and also its changes.
                  Peace Through Power

Comment

so the changes to the hardwareid portion in the registry are rebuilt by windows on boot? .. dont think so blazi.. it permanently changed them on my machine

by destructive i meant it changes registry data, without backing it up... it definately did this on my machine.. i had to fix it manually, and vmprotect hardly protects dte against blacklisting.. all tools will get blacklisted eventually, thats inevitable

Comment

Well, i tested on several OSes (multiple Vista and a few XP) and they get rebuilt everytime on windows restart. Also these changes doesn't harm like YASU's one sometimes.

Sure about blacklisting, but DTE only has to run once in a windows session (except a new drive gets added) and YASU have to stay open and there a blacklist can be easily implemented. Except sYk0 changed it on his new tool.

Anyway let's just wait until sYk0's new tool is released and then we can discuss a compare between both tools again.
                      Last edited by Blazkowicz; 14.02.2009, 18:10.
                      Peace Through Power

Comment

@mbf-4
                        You have enabled DEP or not?
                        Peace Through Power

Comment

dep current status:
                          enabled only for windows services
                          boot.ini config:
                          /NoExecute=OptIn

Comment

Just tried dte version 1.0.0.1 (modified:14.12.08) and it works...

Comment

It doesn't support 304 and SecuROM.

I guess you have Comodo Firewall installed, if not, then please tell us your security software.
                              Peace Through Power

Comment

yes, I have comodo firewall 3.5.57173 installed, but I turn everything off before installing/running dt and dte. do you think I should uninstall CF completely to make dte work?

Comment

Working...
                                X