Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory problem

I finally found the way to play splinter cell Chaos Theory without dvd! And no hardware changes involved!

-Install it with the .mdf file you made with alcohol 120 %, then restart computer

-Install DT 4, and activate all emulations, use only one viritual drive!

-Get this .mds file: http://copybase.ch/PHPV2/Database/Dpm.Download/1047

-Rename the .mdf file to the same as the .mds file.
    The file goes by the name Splinter_Cell__Chaos_Theory_ID1047[Copybase.ch].mds
    So the .mdf file will be Splinter_Cell__Chaos_Theory_ID1047[Copybase.ch].mdf

-Put the two files in the same folder, and mount the .mds file with DT 4

-Run starforce nightmare 1.12 then 1: Disable node 2: Disable cd

-Play!

Ive tried this with the 1.5 version, works like a charm! No need for an exact .mdf file, just use the one you created yourself in alcohol 120%! Remember to Enable node and Enable cd when you want to use the optical drives!

Enjoy!
    CurSi0

What's wrong with creating your own image to play?
    I always use the SecuROM *new* 4/5 profile in Alcohol to create images of Starforce protected games.
    Never had a problem with it.

Comment

Well, I have a problem with that. It seems that starforce f***s up the .mds file. Ive tried some times, but the .mds file is just 5 kb. But I use the .mdf file I created, that works perfectly.

Comment

isnt this trick already used to play starforce games??

Comment

If you've installed a SF game you can't read the dpm, Sf will blocks it, uninstall the SF driver.
          BTW some burners aren't supported to read the dpm with Alcohol, like mine. But with BWA-Builder or Blindwrite it works (or downloading a mds).
          Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Originally Posted by AnalCobra
            If you've installed a SF game you can't read the dpm, Sf will blocks it
            are you sure? i use a dpm mds from copybase, my own mds didn't work

Comment

Originally Posted by al1uk
              are you sure? i use a dpm mds from copybase, my own mds didn't work
              I read it, i couldn't garanty it because i can't read the dpm in Alc.
              Maybe your mds isn't correct, or not good enough.
              You could open it with the BWA-Builder, there the quality of the dpm is shown.
              Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

But this method rules out trouble with .mds files, that many do have! Like me! So I think this is a good way to do it!

Comment

*shrug* been playing SCCT since DT3.47, unplugged my real DVD-RW drive and worked fine, same with DT4.
                  No, you cannot have my signature, unless you pay me. I am famous you know.

Comment

You didn't need to use an external USB drive with DAEMON Tools 3.47?
                    the modern world:
                    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven
                      You didn't need to use an external USB drive with DAEMON Tools 3.47?
                      nope, and don't even own an external usb cd-rom drive. With dt3.47, just unplugged my real CD-RW Drive, mount image, use SFCure (turn it on), Use SFN, Disable CD, Disable Node, play, did not have to do anything like Disable Ch2, ect, just cd/node.

With DT4 it is even better, just unplug my real CD-RW Drives, mount, play..
                      No, you cannot have my signature, unless you pay me. I am famous you know.

Comment

oooh. SFCure only came out 3-4 weeks before DAEMON Tools 4 :wink: Now I see what you're saying (I thought you'd been able to for months or with some lucky hardware combination).
                        the modern world:
                        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by Dllfile
                          With DT4 it is even better, just unplug my real CD-RW Drives, mount, play..
                          But why unplug when you just can use SFnightmare? Well, suit yourself, but I think my method is easyer.

Comment

this is exactly the way i did it with mine and snake's bup... it just required more prescision in writing the .mds....

your .mds file needs to be 38KB =)

Comment

Yeah I know, the .mds must be 38 kb. The problem is that when you have Starforce installed on your computer it seems to f**k up the .mds when you are making it in Alcohol 120%. I've tried several times, but every time the .mds is just about 5 kb.

Comment

Working...
                              X